RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to beat this to death, but I didn't really find too many recent posts on this, so I just wanted to know my options. Well I need a new rear really bad. Bike has just under 4000 miles on it. I'm just gonna buy a matching set, but stuck in the big tire dilema. I want to stick to the stock sizes for now, but not really sure what brand to get. It sounds like the Bridgestone BT 20 has better tread life than the 10, which is good, I'm just scarred that the 20 will be to slippery in the twisties, cause I'm kinda liberal with the throttle [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Not too sure about the Dunlops, sounds like the get good traction, but don't last too long??

I found a post about a Bridgestone that was made specifically for the Warrior, VTX, MeanStreak, etc., but I didn't bookmark the thread, so I can't find it. BrainFart. Any info on that would be awesome. I'm looking to get at least 3000-4000 or more out of the tire. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Go to the manufacturer web site and investigate your options. Bridgestone does make a great tire, had a pair of battle axs, on my old zx11 that I ran the heck out of, **** good tire!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I put on the "new" Bridgestone Excedra "power cruiser" tires (G850/G851)about 4500 miles ago. I push 'em pretty hard and by the wear patterns I'd say they are going to go 7-8k miles. Good handling and traction. Stock sizes. I recommend them.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I didn't think there was a tire in our sizes that would get that kind of mileage. Are they good for traction? In corners? Wet roads?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I only got 3,000 out of the new Bridgestone 850 (851?) rear before I had no tread in the center. The pavement gets pretty hot here in TN. though. That might account for the difference.
I've read on the 4m that the Avon 46 will go 7k, so thought I'd try them out. They are getting mounted tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I too only get about 1500 to 3000 on all tires tried
Bridgstone 020
Bridgestone Exedra 850
Dunlop 220 - Very slick when worn
Shinko 005 - Only 2000 Miles
Bridhestone 020 - Current

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I love these tire threads. If you have to pic a tire from these suggestions good luck . PILOT POWER Rear , Dunlop D220fst front

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
These might be the threads you want:

[url="http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31935&SearchTerms=Excedra>http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31935&SearchTerms=Excedra

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Just remember, you don't have to be locked into a matching set of tires. I've never had matching tires on any of my bikes and to this day, I've never felt any ill effects of it. I think it's just a way for the tire guys to make you feel like you're going to die if you don't do it. The only thing you need to pay attention to is the crown of the tread and the tackiness of the rubber compound used. If you keep those close to the same on each tire, the sky is the limit. Right now I'm running a Bridgestone BT-020 in the front and a Continental Road Attack 190 on the rear. It works just fine, and the bike feels great.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
a set of Avon Azaro ST45/46 will impress you! they are the baddest lookin' and handles well dry/wet. I'm going on 6k miles on the rear and it's showing very little wear. I just put about 200 miles on the Azaro front and it leans/ tracks well with very little effort. Try one out! you can do all kinds of burn-outs and still get well over 4k on these. They are only slippery when they are new. A good 200-300 mile hard run will break 'em in nicely. The only downside on these tires is the fact that they take a bit longer to warm up.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I bought my Warrior about 3000 miles ago. I replaced the tires when I bought it and didn't tell the dealer which tires to install. The dealer installed the standard size tires for the bike and both Dunlop. While I do see some wear, it's not much. They still look pretty good and I would expect another 3000 out of them at least.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've got about 5000 miles on a set of excedra's and expect another 3000. I also have no peg feelers so they grip just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The warrior I recently purchased had a fresh set of Avon's put on, and I must say I am impressed. Not sure how they will wear yet, but they handle wet and dry awsome!

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have a michelin pilot road(190) on the rear and an avon on the front, 4000+ on the rear, two trips to the dragon and I believe about 2k left on the rear, the front has gone thru an avon on the rear and this pilot road, it will be changed when I replace the rear this time. I have 51k on the warrior and gone thru every name brand I know of, The avons last longer but I do like this michelin

·
Registered
718 Posts
two words. Avon Storms. Cant go wrong. Best tire I have used yet. Great wear have 2k right now and they look new a whole lot better than the bridgestones

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
quote:Originally posted by knyland

two words. Avon Storms. Cant go wrong. Best tire I have used yet. Great wear have 2k right now and they look new a whole lot better than the bridgestones

Yup, me too- got about 800 kms on mine, luv 'em- as long as they wear as well as predicted (supposed to wear even better than the Azaro), they'll be the only tires I'll ever buy for this bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts