RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the bike in to make an appointment to get the oil leak problem fixed. I went and took off the krank vent incase an issue came up with that and warranty. Upon seperating the hoses, I found a creamy white substance in the hoses(I know what some of you perves are thinking). Is this due to oil condensation? The hose that connected to the end of my krank vent also had moisture in it. I've heard about yamalube being natorious for this. Any problems with this?

Also, I took the filter off under the tank to inspect it. Is it normal to have a little bit of oil in the air box?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Its normal for the stock air box to collect some oil because the crankcase breather hose vents into it.

Its normal to get some condensation in the breather hoses if your short tripping & using dino oil. Long rides will get the oil temp all the way up.

·
Administrator
29,671 Posts
+1 I agree w/Churchkey. Of course white foamy dino-oil is an indicator of maybe a bit largeramount of water in the oil. I'm sure you already verified the radiator isn't leaking into . . . I'm not going to get away with it am I . . . so . . . is there any way you might have introduced water into the oil? Is the oil thru-the-hole (filler plug)looking okay?

The dealer probably won't mention it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i've been looking for the dang coolant resivor since I got the bike. LOL

The oil filler hole looks great. My krank vent had some of the white creamy crap in it, along with some condensation. As soon as the dealer is done fixing my oil seeping problem (i will lose sleep while my bike is at the dealer) I will change it out with fresh oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts