RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so you know where I am comming from...

I am going to get my rims powder coated red, yeah, I know. Red...should be SWEET...lol Dont be jelous. Anyway....

I am having a wheel shop pull the tires and remove the bearings.

Just wanted to make sure that I didnt have to replace them once they are pulled, the shopped asked if these could be put back in. They said some of them arent made to go back in after they have been removed. Since I dont know any better, I have to ask. From the posts I have read, you can put them back without replacing them but i have to make sure.

Once they have them out is there anything I should look for or double check? Look for signs of rubbing I would imagine.

Any advice on the whole procedure?

Thanks all, appreciate the help and heads up!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Hi Bjinfidel,...I can't answer all your questions but can tell you something. If you do need to replace them, don't buy from Yamaha. Go to a bearing supplier, (same thing Yamaha will do). On my first Warrior after about 50 thousand miles and countless burnouts (100 footers and stuff like that) I replaced the 3 bearings in the rear wheel . Yamaha wanted about 130 bucks Canadian for the bearings(plus taxes)...I bought them elsewhere for $26 all in. I had my rear wheel off for a tire change and the shop switched the bearings over while I watched for an added $5 and they supplied the little seal thing!

For those who can tell you whether tochange them out, .. they will probably want to know your mileage.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,

as much as I hate to say it out loud, My mileage is just a shade over 5500...

Its an 07 and I have a 4 year old son that cant ride with me all the time. His mom works days I work nights.

Sorry, I just have to justify my low miles to myself sometimes. It kills me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts