RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to make a quick intro so I can get back to learning all I can about the Warrior. Thanks to everyone for all the great posts and info.

I bought a Blue 06 the end of May last year and have been in love with it ever since.

Last year I rode to and from work down to about 35 degrees and put on almost 3000 miles. So far this year I haven't been as lucky. I work on a military installation and the gov now requires a motorcycle safety class to ride on base. My class is tomorrow so I can get back to riding to work on Monday.

After 22 years of being a licensed rider you would think that would be enough. It'll just be nice to get back to riding to work.

I also had my recall done today. 2 hours for the job. Living in Wisconsin (Land of the Hog) I get a lot of crap from the die hard Harley guys so mum's the word on recalls.

Before I bought my Warrior I rode a V-rod and was not incredibly impressed. I rode the Warrior a week or so later and left with it on the spot.

I'm looking forward to learning much and having some good chat's with everyone from the forum.

Keep it between the green and have a safe summer!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Welcome to the forum from California. There are a lot of nice and knowledgable people here. Congrats in getting the warrior. Yea, another warrior rider joining the fun. Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome the family, many congrats on the new bike too. Found it interesting what you said about the VRod, I've never ridden one and have heard good things about the performance.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
littlefallswarrior,

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you been logging some miles on your Warrior. I actually looked at the V-Rod myself before I finally decided to get the Warrior. Due most in part to the what I saw and read here, as well as after test riding one. Oh...And the pi$$ poor attitude from the Harley salesman...

Probably would have bought the V-Rod if it wouldn't have been for the crappy attitude of the salesman. But in a way I guess I owe him a BIG thanks...Because I now own the BEST [email protected] motorcycle on the road...At least in my opinion...

And don't worry about the few recalls...Anytime a Harley rider comes up to me and starts the "Well! It ain't a Harley..." or "The Harley is ALL American..." or my personal favorite "I guess you're saving up to get a REAL bike..." I just smile and pull out a rag and tell them to go wipe up the oil spot their bike left. Or I kindly inform them that their so-called ALL American Harley isn't really ALL American. That one usually gets a good response...Especially after I show them the parts on their Harley that were "Made in Japan".[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Anyway enjoy the riding and good luck with your Warrior...

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the forum. My experience is the "Dye hard H-D guys". It is either their first bike, or they are Couch bikers.
We can sometimes be just as hard core too. But that is from knowlege not ignorance. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I rode HD for 14 years and I've been around them a lot longer than that. I really have nothing against them, some of their attitude carrying riders get on my nerve once in a while though. When I have to listen to some bar hopping poser who knows less about his bike than I do tell me about real bikes I can get a little cranky.
Oh and a quick welcome. Congrats on picking the best bike out there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the great welcome everyone!

Had a great Experienced Rider Safety Program this last weekend taught by the instructor of the Wisconsin State Patrol riders. I had to take it to ride on base but it was well worth it. We learned some good skills and ran some great obstacles. Worth the time if there are classes near you. I've been licensed for 22 years and still came away with some goodies.

Glad to be here and glad to be a Warrior owner.

I'll add some pics in the next few days of my bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts