RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Yamaha TT bars. Bought some 1.5" extensions for them. La choppers kit so no bolts included. Can someone tell me what bolts I will need to replace the stock bolts that hold the bars in from the bottom. I couldnt get a measurement and I will need to order some bolts as no one local carries specialty stuff. What are the stock bolts? Simply add 1.5" or however many mm.... thank you for any help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other question would be what washer size to ensure to avoid vibration . However I may have to play around with that...

·
Administrator
28,760 Posts
Re-use the stock collars and washers on top.
Check out the install instructions.
Go to Documentation forum. Scroll to Recall information. Find the TT bars post. Notice two attachments. The install instructions are embedded as part of the pdf file.

If your selected longer bolts end up a mm too long then add a 12mm washer underneath under the hex head.

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts
Hi all. Yamaha TT bars. Bought some 1.5" extensions for them. La choppers kit so no bolts included. Can someone tell me what bolts I will need to replace the stock bolts that hold the bars in from the bottom. I couldnt get a measurement and I will need to order some bolts as no one local carries specialty stuff. What are the stock bolts? Simply add 1.5" or however many mm.... thank you for any help
Much appreciated . So roughly 105 to 110mm should take care of me in that size!
This earlier thread should help your install the LA Chopper 1.5" riser extension kit so that you don't create a vibration issue.

You'll want to source M12 x 1.75p x 110mm long cap or hex head screws that are zinc or cad plated to prevent corrosion.

The LA risers are going to be 1.50" O.D. to accommodate the 1.25" O.D. Yami TT's which will interfere with the Warrior Top Triple Tree and prevent the isolation req'd with the stock components. You'll need to add an additional shim/thin washer to overcome this occurrence imo.
Top Triple Tree Riser Bushings '101'
Perhaps this will bring clearity to your new spacer assembly

Stock top triple tree LH Riser Port (RP). Note that the OEM tree isn't flat across the RP as are the aftermarket trees.

LH Riser Bushing (14mm ID x 30mm OD x 40mm H) is akin to an automotive stabilizer or strut bushing and is a press fit into the tree and also not available from Yamaha as a separate part.

LH Riser Bushing with OEM Parts: Cupped rubber riser bushing SEAL and Spacer washer.
The top tree is counterbored 36mm ID to accommodate the Cupped rubber riser bushing SEAL.

Cupped rubber riser bushing SEAL assembled w/o Spacer washer. Take note that it sets flush and tight with the heavy inner wall bushing and is designed to prevent water/moisture entrapment.
It is not designed to prevent handlebar vibration.
The major ID of the Cupped rubber riser bushing SEAL is approx 1.25" (32mm) and fits perfectly with 1-1/4" bars/risers.

Spacer washer in place that is designed to isolate the stock riser from the top triple tree. Your new arrangement should mimic this assembly if you don't want handle bar vibration.
Take note that the spacer washer doesn't touch the rubber part or the counterbored hole in the top tree. It sits only on the heavy wall of the riser bushing and prevents any detrimental effect from over-torque of the riser bolts with the stock parts.
The spacer washer is 28mm OD x 14mm ID x 1.5mm Thk

Bottom view of riser bushing.
Take note that the heavy wall inner sleeve creates an isolation, both mechanically & electrically, to the bottom of the triple tree if using the OEM cable/harness chrome bracket.

These risers presented a bit of a challenge as they aren't machined flat on the bottom and i chose to leave them as is and picked up a proper fitting rubber grommet and spacer that i customized to fit the gap between the tree and riser and also retain the isolation of the stock bushing design.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Vibe control:
BB's, sinkers, buckshot, bar snake.
If internally wired disregard post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts