RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I saw a dream sissy bar on my friends Harley Dnyna Glide. He had a full chrome sissy bar with a normal back coushon. His wife went with us on a ride and when we got back he removed the entire sissy bar with chrome piece included in less than 10 seconds. He told me it came from HD and all he did was life 2 black plastic levers and up and off it went.

My whole point is I personally don't like sissy bars but my wife would love to have one for her 3 rides per year.

I never saw anything like this for metric bikes. If anyone knows any that would fit the Warrior please give me a direct link to one.

Thanks for your research!

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Yes lots of us are waiting impatiently for that exact item for the Warrior. If its reasonably priced we would all buy one. Lots of us here are handy with a wrench so we don't mind too much making the swap, but a ten-second swap would win hands-down and we would all be pulling out our wallets.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Try doing a search for National Cycle Paladin Backrest. I know they make a removable backrest for a most metric bikes. I had a Suzuki M50 before and almost bought one.

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
judsterky said:
Over the weekend I saw a dream sissy bar on my friends Harley Dnyna Glide. He had a full chrome sissy bar with a normal back coushon. His wife went with us on a ride and when we got back he removed the entire sissy bar with chrome piece included in less than 10 seconds. He told me it came from HD and all he did was life 2 black plastic levers and up and off it went. My whole point is I personally don't like sissy bars but my wife would love to have one for her 3 rides per year. I never saw anything like this for metric bikes. If anyone knows any that would fit the Warrior please give me a direct link to one. Thanks for your research!
Not to be a pessimist but the Warrior is just not a popular bike based on thenumbers and Yamaha marketing focused onit being a hot rod bike with Patrick Racing taking it to its limit!.

Here'ssomething off theweb regarding cruisers & market share: http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Harley-Davidson_(HOG)

IMO, Cavalary Custom with their side plate mountinghttp://rswarrior.com/forums/p/106052/885192.aspx#885192missed the boat here by not designing a quickrelease keyhole typeside bracket with stand-offs similar to Easy Bracket mounting studs

EDITED: When i purchased my '04' Warrior back in Mar '04' there wasn't a backrest available for the bike and that's why i have a Deuce bar. It took the aftermarket suppliers approx 2-years to realize that the seat and tail hook differ from the '02-03' bikes. There are still suppliers of seats and backrest that don't acknowledge the difference

·
Registered
826 Posts
NHWarrior said:
Try doing a search for National Cycle Paladin Backrest. I know they make a removable backrest for a most metric bikes. I had a Suzuki M50 before and almost bought one.

Thanks for this info. I did a search on Paladin Backrest and found this:

This is almost exactly what I wanted to do with my Mapam sissy bar - just cut the openings so I can slide the backrest on; and modify the bolts a little. Except my idea for the front mounting hole was to cut it out from the top, not from the front.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
From National Cycle:

-----

>>>10/14/08 06:31AM >>>
Hello, I'm sorry but there is nothing in the works right now. I have put your e mail into our new product request folder here though and that should help with production. I would recommend keeping an eye out on our website around next season. Thank You
National Cycle, Inc.
www.nationalcycle.com
877-972-7336
708-343-0400

>>>10/13/08 04:32PM >>>
Are there plans to offer a quick-release backrest for the 2002-2009 road star Warrior? There was a very slight seat position adjustment beginning 2004 model year but the fender stays are identical so the seat position change might not affect the design of a removable backrest across the model years. The backrest pad needs to be a hint taller to clear Mustang and Corbin passenger seats. We're having another one of those 'wish they built' conversations - for example http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/120931.aspx

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
410 Posts
How hard would it really be to do this to a Mapam Backrest? Anyone here ever tried it using the Easy Bracket studs to do this? I've bought way too many tools lately and may just go ahead and try this myself...any suggestions?

Roger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts