RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would eventually like to do a fender eliminater. I have removed the reflecters, and moved the tag higher on the stock fender. Down here in S.W. Florida, I drive in the rain, or on wet roads alot. With the set up that I have now, my back gets very wet from the water flying off the rear tire. For those of you that have a fender eliminater, Did you get more of a wet back, after the install?? I know, I know I should just drive faster, so the water doesnt hit my back, but that doesnt work. Thanks for your help, Chris

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
If you are talking about the fender eliminator kit, no different in water spray. The only problem I have with water is running down my front and pooling up in the riding boots.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I did the DIY mud flap chop. Have never notice if my back gets more wet or not. When riding in rain I always have waterproof riding gear on.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Si, soy ******* tambien!

I had the DIY mudflap chop and ended up upgrading to the barons eliminator bracket. I have noticed that spray from the rear tire now gets whipped up onto the top of the rear fender. Haven't riden in the rain yet, and typically the water I do hit is justrunoff fromthesprinklers in the median, but I would assume that in the rain, at speed, I could get a *******. I would also assume that the mudflap is in place not just to offend the asthetics of the bike, but also to prevent this sorta thing from happening in the first place. Wondering if after I get around to installing my lowering links if this will be remedied?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Down here, you may get a total downpour, and then it will be sunny and very hot. So I dont always wear the rain gear if its only wet, and not raining.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Dice said:
I did the DIY mud flap chop. Have never notice if my back gets more wet or not. When riding in rain I always have waterproof riding gear on.

My sentiments exactly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts