RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in an R1 conversion. That includes brakes and front forks. Can I use an R1 front tire on the Warrior? What is the list of parts that I need for project?

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
Since you have an '08 MY I would recommend 06-08 R1 forks. The above posted link is a very, verygood start for research, but I came up with those older model (02-05)R1 parts didn't work with the newer Wariors.If I am wrong with that statement please correct me so that I may know and others willhave the knowledge also, I love learning about this bike and I would appretiate a correction if needed, thanks.

As far as my research went when I was looking into this for my '07 MY I came to a conclusion that I had to use 06-08 R1 forks because from a looks and parts stand point you can re-use the calipers from our Warrior on those forks. The tire situation will not work because the R1 has a smaller wheel. If you would like the part numbers needed for the front fender mounting hardwareI can PM them to you if you would like or can send you an online parts efiche catalog link thatI use from my local dealer. I never went though with my modifications because of funds right now (trying to pay it off this yearfirst
)

Also I have not done this mod, so take my above suggestions with a grain of salt and hopefully some of the men that have this done on newer warriors can post up some help for you. Good luck

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Profile update................I think his red '08 is sitting in a breaker yard in Woodbridge or Dumfries
. Pretty sure he bought badazz01ram Jeff's 03.

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
whajac said:
Profile update................I think his red '08 is sitting in a breaker yard in Woodbridge or Dumfries
. Pretty sure he bought badazz01ram Jeff's 03.

Woo Hoo!! My post didn't mean crap ha ha.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I have an 05. My questino is I want the R1 whole front end (brakes, forks, fender, and front wheel if possible). I really just want to keep the top of the warrior handlebars. Is my bike really there? I wish I could go and take some things off of it

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already had an R1 front fender when I bought the bike(had is the keyword, Cracked the other day. Does anybody know if it matters what year i get to replace the one I broke?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I just got all my parts to put an 08 R1 fork, brake, and, fender ( I am keeping the 19" front wheel) on my 07 Warrior. I just need the time to swap it out. Let me know how it goes for you.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found new black r1 fenders on ebay for $55

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Mine is an '05 too.....did an R1 conversion about 2 months ago. After looking at ebay for a while I got a whole R1 front end for $350 and a front wheel with rotors for $150. All parts came off an '05 R1 w/ only $4500 mi so parts where in terrific shape. You can dothe whole removal and conversion inafew hours. The '05 and up R1 forks are 7/8in shorter than the Warrior forks. Just download the R1 service manual online for the R1 axle bolt and pinch bolt torque values. Since the 05 does not come with radial calipers you're gonna use R1 calipers and either use an R1 wheel and rotors or buy FJR rotors(320mm x 6-bolts)which are the same size as the R1s but have the 6 bolt pattern of '05 Warrior wheel.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I could have, but I think I would need the newer R1 wheel....from what i have been reading in the R1 forums, the R1 guys converting from the 4 piston to 6 piston, either had to swapp wheels or get Brembo caliper spacers........believe me though, the 4 pistons are plenty for the Warrior....especially when you add the stock R1 brembo 16mm M/C.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Rx... Check the directoin/rotation of your front tire. I think it may be on reversed by looking at the tread pattern. It appears the tread pattern would channel the water towards the center of the tire instead of away from the tire.

If I am wrong .... My bad.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
jabo said:
Rx... Check the directoin/rotation of your front tire. I think it may be on reversed by looking at the tread pattern. It appears the tread pattern would channel the water towards the center of the tire instead of away from the tire.

Hey thanks for looking out.....it's on OK....it's funny but after you mentioned it I went to check. The threads do seem to radiate in, but the arrows do rotate forward. Looking at my metzler Roadtec Z6 on my 18in I noticed the same thing...rear tire thrd patterns seem to radiate away from the bike, while front tires radiate towards the bike.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Yup, that is confusing isn't it:} My understanding is that the front is set up for braking forces while the rear is set up for accelerating. Hence the opposite directions:}

jabo said:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Rx Warrior said:
could have, but I think I would need the newer R1 wheel....from what i have been reading in the R1 forums, the R1 guys converting from the 4 piston to 6 piston, either had to swapp wheels or get Brembo caliper spacers........believe me though, the 4 pistons are plenty for the Warrior....especially when you add the stock R1 brembo 16mm M/C.

Actually all you need is the R-1 rotors.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
repsol61 said:
Rx Warrior said:
could have, but I think I would need the newer R1 wheel....from what i have been reading in the R1 forums, the R1 guys converting from the 4 piston to 6 piston, either had to swapp wheels or get Brembo caliper spacers........believe me though, the 4 pistons are plenty for the Warrior....especially when you add the stock R1 brembo 16mm M/C.

Actually all you need is the R-1 rotors.

You are right since the 05 R1 wheel has the same five bolt pattern as the 08 and up wheel. I may upgrade to the 6 piston calipers for the cool factor later, but I believe the biggest gain from the R1 brake system has been the stock 16mm Brembo master cylinder.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
OK OK OK I finally got it done . I was just waiting to get everything just right. I had some things that were out of my control.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow this is an old thread. I decided to go for the engine before the R1 front end.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts