RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a keyless Gas Cap after my original Yamaha seized up and after researching, most were well over $100.00. I came across one that was compatible and looked pretty good on eBay for $39.00 from DTRAD and purchased one. When I received it I was surprised how nice it was, precision High Aluminum Billet and looked very similar to the high dollar priced ones. They come in different colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Can you post a link please? Everything i am finding is only 3 bolts. I like the 5 bolt one you have

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I got to get one of these......
Did it take long to recieve it?.?
Since it's being shipped from China

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does it actually seal the opening like the original? or is it just a cap for the fuel tank? Does it need to seal the tank like the original one?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It took about a month to receive the gas cap as it comes from China, However the fir is perfect and you use the original seal from your factory gas cap. I all needed to get was an additional Allen Head screw from a tool & hardware store with the same thread because it comes with three screws as two are blind screws with a lock nut, which you will use one at the 12 O'clock hole.

·
Premium Member
5,608 Posts
I ordered the one from China with 5 screw holes instead of 3 for my best friend, a lot easier to install, $18. It did not come with rubber O ring or screws. I had one i paid a lot more money for that is a premium part that had the O ring there but no screws. Both work good and look good. Very happy with the product and not having to use the key anymore.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got mine, went to install it, but looks like some modification needs to occur. Anyone else have to mod the new one to get it all to fit right? looks like I need a couple of spacers as well to shave some of the original insert to get it to fit right.

·
Premium Member
5,608 Posts
Got mine, went to install it, but looks like some modification needs to occur. Anyone else have to mod the new one to get it all to fit right? looks like I need a couple of spacers as well to shave some of the original insert to get it to fit right.
If you do a search on the R1 gas caps, you will find the size screws, spacers and whatever you need to do it right.

HOW TO: Install R1 Style Gas Cap. By bucky685

4) M5 x .8 x 30mm stainless flat head screws
1) M5 x .8 x16mm stainless flat head screws
1) M5 x .8 stainless nut
2) #10 x 1/4" long aluminum spacers

Don't forget the rubber washer and the seal from the old cap.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I didn't end up using the stock gasket on mine. My R1 gas cap had their own gasket.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts