RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was coming home from about a 100 spin today. When I came off turnpike onto a four lane hiway, a late model white vette convertible blows by me (It was definitely not the standard engine vette). I think he was doing the condesending role on me. Anyway, he caught the next red light and when I got up to him I was rolling at about 5 mph in first gear. When the light changed I let him get rolling and then we both hit it. I pulled him by about three bike lengths through third gear, and then I backed off, that was fast enough for me on that road. When I backed off he came blowing by again, but I don't think he was quite so cocky. I'm way too old to be drag racing, but it was fairly safe where I was, and it was fun to beat the guy.[8D]

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I practically smoked a 911 yesterday. He pulled in the right lane where you are supposed to turn right and wanted to pull ahead and on fron of me. Well he tried, but I was on it and giving the bike all it had. The rear end got a little side ways, but totally controllable, thanks to the long wheel base. The guy had to baxk off and get behind me. At the next light he did not even try...

Is this is a great bike or what

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Catalac, I think a stovker could be right there with it. Those things run mid-12s. But my heart was pumping alright, especially have a car in the next lane to me.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i pulled up to 2 guys that had already started racing, passed them then backed off & let them catch up so i could pass them again. happens all the time

·
Registered
739 Posts
the only vette i would be willing to lose to would be my own. i got a '73 with a 383 stroker. pumps out 450 hp and 500 torque. best quarter is 10.86 with slicks. that car will make your junk shrink. fun car though.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
coug, wow, those are some good numbers.

What kind of gearing do you have?
Also what does it run with normal tires?
And what is 0-60?

Sorry, but you really got my attention on this one !!

·
Registered
739 Posts
normal tires aren't even worth trying. they can't get a grip on the pavement. but when they eventually do, its about low 12's. when i was in high school i got kicked out of the high school drags for running sub 13 seconds without a cage. i can't remember the gearing that we had the last time we ran it, its been in the garage since i left high school cause its not practical to have at college. the 0-60 on it was around 4 seconds i believe. its been years since i ran the car. i had a lot of help from Dougs Racing Stables when i built the car, so pretty much everything as far as running gear is tuned absolutly perfect. 10.86 isn't a consistant time, that was just the best the car ever did. i had one of the drivers from the stables do that one. i got a bug that will run high 12's to mid 13's too. that's my daily driver. just another car i built when i was in highschool.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I was cruisin down the main strip here, tonight when up a ways, a guy turns onto the same road, going the same direction. I couldn't tell what kind of bike at first. He was to far away. All I could see was LED's light up the engine. So get a little closer. It was some kid playing the jesse james roll to the hilt. He had ultra wide handle bars and some highly extended highway bars. He was wearing baggy shorts, tank top and an unbuttoned shirt flapping in the wind. His bike looked nice and sounded good. As I sat behind him, he kept blipping the throttle about every 100 feet, just to make some noise. He never once looked back or even knew I was there. I rolled past him going nice and slow and gave him a little flip of my throttle and let my propipe bark at him. Turns out the guy was riding a little V-Star
I thought he would want to take a poke at it, since he obviously thought he was on something. I never even went fast than 30mph and he wouldn't pull along side(even on a 4 lane road). He just stayed back and didn't seem to be making any more noise, either. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I haven't been racing much, just smokin' my brother's R6 in roll ons.[8D]

We were out cruising around the other evening, when we pulled up to a light behind some kids in a truck. The kid stabs the gas letting his straight pipes crackle for us.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] So I looked at my brother, and noticed this uptight b!tch[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] friend of my ex behind us. So...I decided to give the kids a thrill and let the ProPipe wail as I started doing a smokie as the light changed. As I rolled into the intersection there was a state trooper in the right turn lane.[/emoticons/emotion-3.gif] I thought I was going to be chatting with him down the block[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif] Thank God the guy had his head up his ..., or better yet, liked bikes.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

TJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts