RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Blue Knights had a toy run and poker run today. One of the local PD guys had a 2006 VTX 1800 and was saying he hasn't found a bike yet that can beat him. I walked up to him with a Sh&t eatin grin on my face and asked if he wanted to race. He had a "uh" look on his face. Well Later on that day we finally got an open streach of road. I gunned it and he gunned it. I moved ahead by about 1/2 a bike. The second run was pretty much even. Not bad for a stock warrior with only 1000 miles in it. Let me get my mods done and some more miles on the bike and I don't believe I will have a problem with him anymore. He only had Hard Crome exhaust and a hypercharger on his bike.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Thats awesome, I love racing stories.

Its cool that a stock Warrior holds its own against a Slightly modded VTX....I know my warrior wouldnt have a problem with one but it gives the guys who havent been bitten yet the upper hand.

Thanks for sharing, the only guy I have ever raced from the local PD was on one of the sluggish Raiders. lol

I know, he would have done better on a straighter road. lol

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
did you say you were street racing with the local po po ???? try speed shifting next time and watch him get smaller and smaller in your rear view mirror

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
The real challenge...

Race an Off duty Copper and then NOT get a ticket the next time he sees you ride by while he is ON duty.

·
Registered
861 Posts
My buddies 03 vtx1800 with pipes, pcIII, and hypercharger took me by about 3 feet. Next summer will be different though with my new pipes and pcIII!!! He's goin down. He can't touch me in the turns though.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, local PD. I'm State police, so were all kinda like a big bunch of brothers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Always good to be on the good side of mr. silverstar..... I am a firefighter and buddies with all the coppers around the area.... i was doin 90+ down a road and he got me... couple days later he said i looked good doin 88 the other day.... suprised to see if i was still accelerating or off of it.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
BlacklidFire said:
Always good to be on the good side of mr. silverstar..... I am a firefighter and buddies with all the coppers around the area.... i was doin 90+ down a road and he got me... couple days later he said i looked good doin 88 the other day.... suprised to see if i was still accelerating or off of it.

Our speedos aren't that accurate!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I had an 1800 and Busa (club brothers) pull up next to me on the way home from a bike night. The 1800 started pre-staging so it was on. I had the wife on the back and pulled the front end up when I hit 2nd. The Busa caught me at about 70 and at the next light was yellin that he didn't think I was gonna launch like "that". When the 1800 caught up, at the next light, his Bro' was laughing at him cause I beat him with a passenger. I love that stuff (and if I didn't race him my wife would have been disappointed.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah, we had a poker run in bainbridge and i had an 1800 vtx wanting some! i gave him what he wanted! i had my girlfriend on the back and brought it about an inch off the ground shifting into 3rd. i hit 125 and slowed down to wait on the vtx! i love this bike!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts