RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to take my bike to the track. Houston Raceway, or Royal Purple Raceway as it's called now. It's not even in Houston, maybe that's why they changed the name. Who knows?!

Anyways, I was wondering what's a good, legal jacket to wear for drag racing? It's time for a new jacket, and I want it to be track legal. Only got the money for 1 jacket, so I'd like for it be highway friendly also, like looks and functionality. The Warrior is sport cruiser, so I don't want to get the old plain black biker look. I want to get a fast jacket! LOL!

Show me what ya got! (with a make and model also please!)

Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd like to take my bike to the track. Houston Raceway, or Royal Purple Raceway as it's called now. It's not even in Houston, maybe that's why they changed the name. Who knows?!

Anyways, I was wondering what's a good, legal jacket to wear for drag racing? It's time for a new jacket, and I want it to be track legal. Only got the money for 1 jacket, so I'd like for it be highway friendly also, like looks and functionality. The Warrior is sport cruiser, so I don't want to get the old plain black biker look. I want to get a fast jacket! LOL!

Show me what ya got! (with a make and model also please!)

Thanks y'all!

I use a leather Icon jacket when i race the warrior but i have since moved on to a full leathers as i'm in the process of building a Hayabusa drag bike.

Just make sure it has a metal zipper at least. Also make sure they will let you race with just a leather jacket. My local track requires leather boots over the ankle, Leather Jacket, and Leather Gloves up to a certain speed and ET.

Jacket I ride
http://www.rideicon.com/gear/mens/jackets/leather/iconmotorhead-2/stealth

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I have a leather ICON as well. I`ve tested it a couple of times and it held up well to sliding down the hot asphalt. its a good quality jacket and its very cool.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Royal Purple Raceway is in Baytown?
Yeah. Well, it's considered Baytown. But it's not even in Harris County. It's really in Chambers County, in a little town called Cove. Baytown extended their city limits and took over the area. I'm sure for more taxes.

Looks like I need to look at some Icon jackets then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts