RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
02 Warrior
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all probably a dumb question but it says 03-09. Will this fit my 02 and also will I need to get the ECU tuned? My bike is stock
Font Automotive exhaust Cosmetics Cylinder Audio equipment

[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
Yep you are right it fits all model years, all are identical exhausts. Since it uses the stock headers you might see how it runs, but there is a chance you'll need full-range air:fuel adjustment. I don't know if an ECU adjustment will help, it adjusts low rpm only. If you need adjustments for that slip-on then you will probably need a full-range fuel manager like a power commander or a Cobra CVT Autotuner. But ride it first and see.

Premium Member
If your air intake is stock you probably won't need an adjustments. That tip is small and has no real baffle in it so it's going to be loud.
I ran a pair of them as tips on Samson's for a while they're heavy for such a small piece as well.
But as AZ said try it and run it and see what you think. If you're still running the AiS system I expect you'll get some pretty good backfires maybe even with flames!

Reactions: Ruthless Frank

Registered
02 Warrior
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for your responses. If anyone else can chime in with more details about as to whether it needs a tune because I'm on the fence as to getting it now or later. Going to Vegas next month and I'm not trying to set myself up for failure. I know to test by feel but I wouldn't have the time to have it looked at again after install since I'm running out of time lol. Told myself I'll just wait but I've been itching to get that pipe off. Probably get a batwing fairing first as my first purchase but I'd love to do both.

Premium Member
If I were a betting man I would say you would be ok as it uses the stock header so all you are doing is removing a length of piping and the muffler. I am pretty sure the computer can compensate for that. Also like Sandy said if the intake system is still stock you will be ok.
Go to Vegas, win some money and send your ECU to Ivan for a tune.

Registered
2007 Yamaha Warrior -AIS +BAK
Make sure to post some pics and a video of the bike starting and revving after installation! I鈥檓 interested in seeing how it looks and sounds. I was considering a complete replacement exhaust system, but I might get by with one of these for much less moola!

Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
Make sure to post some pics and a video of the bike starting and revving after installation! I鈥檓 interested in seeing how it looks and sounds. I was considering a complete replacement exhaust system, but I might get by with one of these for much less moola!
One just popped up on eBay. I shared a link in a new thread.

Registered
02 Warrior
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely will do there's only one video on YouTube and it's pretty poor quality so I'll definitely go through the revs! 馃馃徎

Registered
Thank you guys for your responses. If anyone else can chime in with more details about as to whether it needs a tune because I'm on the fence as to getting it now or later. Going to Vegas next month and I'm not trying to set myself up for failure. I know to test by feel but I wouldn't have the time to have it looked at again after install since I'm running out of time lol. Told myself I'll just wait but I've been itching to get that pipe off. Probably get a batwing fairing first as my first purchase but I'd love to do both.
[/QUOTE
I鈥檓 late to this shindig. But if you鈥檙e running the stock intake chances are you won鈥檛 require a tune. The air intake amount hasn鈥檛 changed so the fuel mix most likely won鈥檛 be affected.

Registered
02 Warrior
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool thanks I bought just need to install it now but been super busy and bike is still in the shop. I'll be uploading a video within the next couple weeks maybe sooner. Got a windshield and floorboards on the way too I'm ready for Vegas Labor day weekend. 馃馃徎

1 - 12 of 12 Posts