RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a suppliment to the post I put in yesterday, on the Stealth LED front and rear install.

Thanks to AlanH, I did not blow up or fry my bike!!

Step 1 - Locate Stock Flasher Relay. It looks like this:

It resides under the fuse box, beneath the seat (Bottom center in photo below.)

Disconnect the negative battery cable!!! before you go pulling any wires!!!!! I removed the whole battery when I did my install for more room. Now you have to pop the two push pin type fasteners to be able to remove the fuse box assembly. See pics below.

The cluster of fuses and wiring relays lifts out once the push pins are removed and.... ah! there she be!

Now, you'll notice almost immediately, that the relay has 5 wires, and that the Universal Flasherz only have 3 wires....

Thanks to AlanH, we now know that the Yellow/Red and the White wires from the stock harness do not get connected to anything. Unfortunately, this means that I lose the Self Cancelling Feature of the turn signals with this mod.
That's something I'm gonna be okay with.

So, the Brown Stock wire goes to the Red Module wire, the Black Stock wire goes to the Black Module wire, and the Brown/White Stock wire goes to the Yellow Module wire. I used 14-16 gauge (.125) male wire connector inserts to make the connections to the stock harness.

On another note, the Flasherz are totally adjustable for flash rate (blue dial), or if you're using them for run/brake applications, you can make them strobe, flash at different rates, and give solid dashes, by reconfiguring the 4 switches.

So, next, I taped the harness and the module together and bound to the frame where the old relay was positioned.

I'm sure others would be more crafty with this, but I wanted to be able to remove it easily, and I didn't want to drill holes in anything. It will disappear in a second anyway... Now, I put the harness back in place andreinserted the push pin fasteners.

I installed the battery, and put the ECU and PCIII USB back in place and Presto!!!! She's done!

This took longer to do than the install!!! LOL!

Big Thanks to AlanH!!!!!! Good lookin' out!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I WANT EM... Sending this so I can follow this thread, and when I get enough money am gonna hook up and get it. Very helpful and informative thread. good job guys.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If AlanH hadn't stepped in, I would've shorted out my system. I'm no expert when it comes to electrical.

It looks great, and I'm really pleased with the outcome. Just keep in mind that after Dec. 31st, pricing goes back to 20% off instead of the current 25% off List. It's only a few bucks, but every dollar counts sometimes.

Just PM or email me when you're ready.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I want to thank all of you for the information on locating the flasher module and resolving the "click of death". I just purchased a '03 warrior from my uncle so I may have a project bike. After looking at all of the custom "bad assssss" warriors I thought that this is the ultimate slammed cruizer.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Thanks Justin, this is extremely helpful and I was able to find it lastnight after we talked. But it will help anyone else doing this mod too.

I am going to be posting new pics once its all done.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you install LED's for turns and/or running lights, you will need a flasher relay to compensate for the increased flash rate. The Universal Flasherz is one of many ways to keep the stock flash rate after installing LED's.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
A little off topic. But if i have installed a M.D. Wright tail light with a resistor in the tail light to slow the flash rate.

Andif i was to install wrap around turn signals in the front would i need to install this flasher, or would the resistor in the rear tail light be sufficent?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure if that resistor will effect the front turns. Something tells me no... Alan H would definately know the answer to this question though. Good to hear from you Tim.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
bucky685 said:
A little off topic. But if i have installed a M.D. Wright tail light with a resistor in the tail light to slow the flash rate.

Andif i was to install wrap around turn signals in the front would i need to install this flasher, or would the resistor in the rear tail light be sufficent?
Tim, i'm of the opinion that the MDW LEQ resistor integrated into their lightis sized & engineered for handling the rear only.

There's no harm in going ahead with the frt LEDs. If the flash rate isn't to your liking install a Kuryakyn 4810,SDC LEQ or equivalentif you want to retain the factory auto cancel circuit.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
AlanH said:
bucky685 said:

Tim, i'm of the opinion that the MDW LEQ resistor integrated into their lightis sized & engineered for handling the rear only.

There's no harm in going ahead with the frt LEDs. If the flash rate isn't to your liking install a Kuryakyn 4810,SDC LEQ or equivalentif you want to retain the factory auto cancel circuit.

Thanks alan! I appreciated the input!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
AlanH said:

Alan, does this fix the click of death issue too or just the flash rate?

·
Super Moderator
5,784 Posts
I think it fixes just the flash rate,click of death is another issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also have an MD wright brake/turn and am getting ready to replace my front turn/running lights with the radiantz set. I am concerned about that I will experience the click of death if I replace the front turns with LED's. Am I correct in assuming that this is going to happen if I switch the turns out?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are correct, unless you take certain steps to avoid it.

Wiring in an NTE 10WM110 Resistor (100 ohm x 10 watt) will alleviate the Click Of Death.

Alanh has several posts about this mod.

The Universal Flasherz will only correct the flash rate.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Bump for all of you who are doing this mod. Is there anything more current out there? Thanks Parkinglot for recommending the search.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts