RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, tossing around the idea of maybe looking at crash bars, but they are so **** big. With so many of the front end parts from raiders, does anyone know if the raider crash bars would fit on our frame?

Screenshot_20201010-021846_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can measure later if you don’t get an answer.

imwill tell you though, I used to have those. They’re a serious pain to mount any kind of Highway pegs on. I had all sorts of adapters, pivot pieces etc. and I could never get the angles right.
Thank you for that insight. The entire reason i am even considering crash bars/ engine guards (whichever you choose to call them) is to mount highway pegs to, and then off road lights if i already have the bars. I have a few other off road light options in mind. I find most of the bars too large and ugly

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can measure later if you don’t get an answer.

imwill tell you though, I used to have those. They’re a serious pain to mount any kind of Highway pegs on. I had all sorts of adapters, pivot pieces etc. and I could never get the angles right.
Leader, could you take that measurement for me? Middle of bolt to middle of bolt?

·
Registered
751 Posts
JMO, it looks nice, but it doesn’t seem serviceable. If you were to lay the bike over it wouldn’t protect the engine if fitted on a warrior. I actually saw one yesterday while waiting for my bike to get fixed. It was fitted to a Stryker and after a close look I called it a Claytons ( the bar you have when you haven’t got a bar ) bar. It works somewhat on the Stryker because the engine is squat compared to a Warrior. JMO😎😎🐝

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JMO, it looks nice, but it doesn’t seem serviceable. If you were to lay the bike over it wouldn’t protect the engine if fitted on a warrior. I actually saw one yesterday while waiting for my bike to get fixed. It was fitted to a Stryker and after a close look I called it a Claytons ( the bar you have when you haven’t got a bar ) bar. It works somewhat on the Stryker because the engine is squat compared to a Warrior. JMO😎😎🐝
Thanks for the heads up. My main interest 8n one wouldnt be to protect the engine, it would literally only be for a convenient place to mount more comfortable highway pegs, and off road lights to light up the dark country roads early in the morning. And actual crash bars that protect the warrior engine are just too big and ugly (IMO) for me to justify it when there are other options for both if I decide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts