RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys just thought I would let everybody know that you can now get the Yamaha Raider 1900 into Australia I bought mine in thru Queensland Imports In Brisbane & had it trucked up to Cairns after the compliance. I bought a 2009 liquid silver one in with 2500 mile on it out of California . Bruce from Queensland Imports can give you the run down on how to get them in & costs associated he does have a scout in LA who I went through & highly recommend. So if anyone does want to bring one in you can leave a message & i will chat to you further about the process. I have always wanted a Raider ever since they came out but you couldn't get them in until March this year . having owned a warrior, these bikes are the next step up. Love my raider :)

Cheers Karl

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Plus 1 on the other forum but no reason you can't search and discuss Raiders here.

Keep an ear on any changes in valve train/lifter noise. Some 09's had/have lifter issues due to a bad batch installed in some 2009s.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
That is awesome would love some pics and progress we love following builds of any bike.

·
Registered
218 Posts
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive been looking into this recentley also....

i love my warrior, but would love to get a raider.. im also in cairns and might have seen you getting about but would never have looked twice to think it was a raider.

how much did you pay to get it to your door??

was it worth it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive been looking into this recentley also....

i love my warrior, but would love to get a raider.. im also in cairns and might have seen you getting about but would never have looked twice to think it was a raider.

how much did you pay to get it to your door??

was it worth it?
Yes it was worth it . they look great in pictures but better in my garage. To the door it was $16K had to wait 4 months for it apparently this is only the second one into Australia.
I have only had it for a couple of weeks I thought I knew all the people in
in Cairns with warriors , as there's not that many around here six going by my count so which one are u? :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
so how did it work for you???

did you pay that money up front or a deposit?

did you have to organise the compliances or did your guy sort all of that for you??

basically did you ask the fella what you wanted then he got it to your door step??

thanks for the info.... i was starting to give up on the idea until i heard this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so how did it work for you???

did you pay that money up front or a deposit?

did you have to organise the compliances or did your guy sort all of that for you??

basically did you ask the fella what you wanted then he got it to your door step??

thanks for the info.... i was starting to give up on the idea until i heard this.
If you want to catch up then u can have a look at the bike & see what you think about them and i can fill you in with all the details . I live in Kuranda

cheers

·
Registered
218 Posts
no worries mate, i have the old man up from brissy this w'end, but if hes gone next week maybe then??

im on the south side of cairns...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no worries mate, i have the old man up from brissy this w'end, but if hes gone next week maybe then??

im on the south side of cairns...
I do week on week off in the Mines Im back to work on the Wednesday so it will have to be the one after or before . What ever suits

·
Registered
218 Posts
i have read a couple of reviews saying that the raider will regularly scrape the pegs in the corners????

i got rid of my xvs 1100 for that exact reason.

on my warrior now, i have the peg extensions that i turned upside down which lifts the pegs even more and i rarely come close to scraping.

that would be a deal breaker for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts