RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i have read a couple of reviews saying that the raider will regularly scrape the pegs in the corners????

i got rid of my xvs 1100 for that exact reason.

on my warrior now, i have the peg extensions that i turned upside down which lifts the pegs even more and i rarely come close to scraping.

that would be a deal breaker for me.
I did touch down on the left a couple of times but not on the right when i first got it. I have put the bilski fork extensions on& lifted the front 1 1/4 no dramas now, hey its like any Yamaha cruiser they do scrape it sounds like you have had the same bikes as me I had v star 1100 classic a black one & i cut the floor board mount & raised it an inch a lot better ' they were shockers . Then i bought the candy red warrior it had the 240 back end made my own side shot exhaust stainless chin scoop & belt drive guards & went the 65rear pulley for highway cruising. here,s some pic,s of my warrior & raider. The Silver Warrior is my Brothers.

Cheers Karl

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
those black pipes look nice....

im not sure what i want to do now????

ideally if i was closer to patrick racing (like in the same country) and wouldnt have to spend a heap of money on shipping, id rebuild my motor...

do you know of anyone local (qld) that you would take your bike to and trust to do a good job??.... to do the 120 cubic inch motor?

??????????

any info would be appreciated....

ive been thinking of the turbo also, but dont think its legal??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
those black pipes look nice....

im not sure what i want to do now????

ideally if i was closer to patrick racing (like in the same country) and wouldnt have to spend a heap of money on shipping, id rebuild my motor...

do you know of anyone local (qld) that you would take your bike to and trust to do a good job??.... to do the 120 cubic inch motor?

??????????

any info would be appreciated....

ive been thinking of the turbo also, but dont think its legal??
My Brothers silver one has got the Patrick racing 110 kit in it. Its going to be a very close race between the Raider and the Warrior!:)

All up it cost him around 5G for the kit, that was sending his barrels and heads over to the states to be sleeved and bored out and bigger valves.
No one does it over here like Patrick racing. Russell at Bikecraft dissembled and reassembled. It goes Hard.
The Turbo will give you a bit more, but it looks a bit untidy hanging off the side.
You could always have a talk to my brother about what he thinks about the 110 kit.
Might catch up with you this weekend if you are around?

Cheers,
Karl

·
Registered
218 Posts
yeah sounds good mate, ive been having internet issues or would have replied sooner.

id be keen on having a chat with your brother about the kit.. (ive dealt with russel before and would use him again)

i test rode a triumph rocket yesterday, but not too blown away and pretty uncomfortable without a lot of mods.

i also tested the thunderbird which i liked but too low for corners with much the same power....

if you get this in time, let me know if youre heading down this way or if i can get the kids looked after, me and the missus might come for a ride up.

if not this time, let me know how the raider vs warrior ends up with your brother.

cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
yeah sounds good mate, ive been having internet issues or would have replied sooner.

id be keen on having a chat with your brother about the kit.. (ive dealt with russel before and would use him again)

i test rode a triumph rocket yesterday, but not too blown away and pretty uncomfortable without a lot of mods.

i also tested the thunderbird which i liked but too low for corners with much the same power....

if you get this in time, let me know if youre heading down this way or if i can get the kids looked after, me and the missus might come for a ride up.

if not this time, let me know how the raider vs warrior ends up with your brother.

cheers
I cant make it today , but if you want to give me a call 40939936 Anything you want to know about the kit and performance i can help you with.

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone tell me a specific import company, I googled Queensland Imports and there is about 20 that are not that exact company name.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Karl .
I just joined this forum to ask you about how you got your Raider in to Oz .I have been trying to find a bike I really can say I like for over 12 months now and after test riding the Roadliner I think the Raider is going to be the bike for me .I am in Perth W A

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Hi Karl .
I just joined this forum to ask you about how you got your Raider in to Oz .I have been trying to find a bike I really can say I like for over 12 months now and after test riding the Roadliner I think the Raider is going to be the bike for me .I am in Perth W A

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Welcome to the warrior family and the best warrior 4m.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys just thought I would let everybody know that you can now get the Yamaha Raider 1900 into Australia I bought mine in thru Queensland Imports In Brisbane & had it trucked up to Cairns after the compliance. I bought a 2009 liquid silver one in with 2500 mile on it out of California . Bruce from Queensland Imports can give you the run down on how to get them in & costs associated he does have a scout in LA who I went through & highly recommend. So if anyone does want to bring one in you can leave a message & i will chat to you further about the process. I have always wanted a Raider ever since they came out but you couldn't get them in until March this year . having owned a warrior, these bikes are the next step up. Love my raider :)

Cheers Karl
hi karl
just wondering if the price includes compliance ? and all the processes to buy one, i am very interested in getting one this year if i can

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi karl
just wondering if the price includes compliance ? and all the processes to buy one, i am very interested in getting one this year if i can
Hi my name is Don Lamb. I have bought two Raiders through Qld imports . I bought them from Scott Miller in Michigan. “[email protected]
Ph: 00111(231)3485838.
You pay extra freight from MI to CA , about AU$800 but I bought it for US$6200 , 2009 Raider S with loads of extras . The compliance is about $2500 , freight from CA to Brisbane is about $2800 through”EDI freight “ and then there is GST. I received it last March 2021. Hope this helps . Regards Don

21 - 34 of 34 Posts