RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m so glad we have a great group of people on our forum I joined the raider forum and FB page to try to score a set of OEM pegs for my warrior and 2 weeks in and no one has even looked at my posts, on this forum we are very active and if you don’t have something you at least try to point others in the right direction or help out in some kind of way.. just wanted to say I’m glad to be part of the warrior family.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
I’m so glad we have a great group of people on our forum I joined the raider forum and FB page to try to score a set of OEM pegs for my warrior and 2 weeks in and no one has even looked at my posts, on this forum we are very active and if you don’t have something you at least try to point others in the right direction or help out in some kind of way.. just wanted to say I’m glad to be part of the warrior family.
Which was the name of the FB group did you post in?

We're you looking for Raider or Warrior pegs?

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just said Yamaha raider group and I’m looking for a set of OEM raider front pegs

·
Registered
331 Posts
The only post I've seen lately on the Raider forum looking for stock pegs was placed on March 7 by a new member. Someone replied in a few hours looking for more info and the OP didn't respond. If this is you then you should just respond publicly (assuming you PM'ed the responder). We all aren't dicks over there. :)

But I don't disagree with your general assessment of the RSWarrior forum; it's an incredible bunch of guys (and gals?) that are always willing to help. I sold my warrior and bought a Raider but still hang out on this site because of the great members and moderators... hopefully y'all don't mind me hangin' around?!?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no sorry about that I didn’t mean they were dicks by no means or even saying they were a bad group just saying after being a part of this forum and seeing how people reply on here it’s a bit different. And I never got a post back so maybe I joined a smaller or different group

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Yeah the member's here are ok
Hahahahh
Just messing...
When and once u get some OE Raider pegs
You gonna love them....
I did the swap and couldn't be happier..

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Black Pearl - No offense was taken. I have had a bad habit of rotating motorcycles rather frequently. There are a handful of forums that I will still visit because it was such a positive place. Other forums, I can't leave fast enough after selling the bike where it's a bunch of b-holes that get bent every time you ask a question and they answer like your a moron and they answered that question 18 months ago so you should just look it up. Even then, I've encountered a few nice folks from such forums, but it all depends on the general tone of the forum. This forum, and v4musclebike forum, feel like true brotherhoods. The Raider forum has some great people, it just doesn't seem to have the same level of traffic as here.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread... good luck on finding Raider pegs. If I didn't love the ones on my Raider they would be yours. :)

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
If you get a set you could have them look like these.

I'm using the OEM but keeping these for later down the line.

I might have a line on a set. I'll get back to you.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
[email protected] RUDE..
those are nice..
Mine are all beat up and scraped..

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
It took some work. There sanded and polished.
They weren't in so great shape when I got them.
Since your bike is black you can pull them off and spray paint them black. They should look good after that.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since your bike is black you can pull them off and spray paint them black. They should look good after that.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
man yea that’s what I need some that I can polish out definitely keep me in mind if you come across a set please. I’d love to have them based off the comfort everyone says not to mention not feeling like your feet are sliding off that was my biggest problem with my last warrior.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you get a set you could have them look like these.

I'm using the OEM but keeping these for later down the line.

I might have a line on a set. I'll get back to you.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
Now they are a nice set of pegs. The crap ones that mine came with are a cheap $18AU. They like the seat are darn uncomfortable. I’m looking at putting a set of boards in so I can mount ski bindings to them lol.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
scored me a set of pegs looks descent but I want to polish them out did you use a table grinder and what compound did you use

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
scored me a set of pegs looks descent but I want to polish them out did you use a table grinder and what compound did you use View attachment 247822
Great.
I did them all by hand without my polisher.
I sanded them smooth and reducing grit roughness.
It takes time but having it finished with a buffer wheel gets you through the last of the process faster.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great.
I did them all by hand without my polisher.
I sanded them smooth and reducing grit roughness.
It takes time but having it finished with a buffer wheel gets you through the last of the process faster.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
What brand polish would you recommend I like mothers and diamond myself if I’m not using bricks

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
What brand polish would you recommend I like mothers and diamond myself if I’m not using bricks
I use mothers but of I want it even more like chrome I use Blue magic to finish off.

But those are useless if there's still imperfections or tiny sanding lines or even the small divits and lines from the casting.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I’m gon
I use mothers but of I want it even more like chrome I use Blue magic to finish off.

But those are useless if there's still imperfections or tiny sanding lines or even the small divits and lines from the casting.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
Im gonna sand first then cut polish buff Hopefully it turns out pretty nice

1 - 20 of 20 Posts