RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopped on a new raider and it sure is more comfortable than the warrior. I was kinda shocked that the warrior looks ok in pictures but awesome in person and the raider looks great in pics but just pretty cool in person. I bet you can do lots though to change that. Really lite bike to toss around, or just felt that way.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I know its got a bigger motor.

I know its got a bigger tire.

But it doesnt look anywheres as HOTTTT as my Midnight Warrior.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oh6War said:

i really like the raider, cool looking bike , but nowhere near as bad ass as a warrior. especially the midnight.

the warrior is much sportier looking the raider is more of a chopper look.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Oh6War said:

I dont know about the midnight part...but

I know it doesnt look as good as my warrior, because I am not sitting on it..I am pretty pretty!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
nmbillr said:
Hopped on a new raider and it sure is more comfortable than the warrior. I was kinda shocked that the warrior looks ok in pictures but awesome in person and the raider looks great in pics but just pretty cool in person. I bet you can do lots though to change that. Really lite bike to toss around, or just felt that way.
That's like the feeling I had. Before I bought my Midnight Warrior, I was looking at either a Warrior or Raider. I thought the Raider looked awesome in pictures, but when I went to the dealer to check it out, I thought, "meh." I looked at all of the non-Warrior bikes on display and thought, "meh."

The Warrior is out-of-the-box the best looking cruiser of them all IMHO

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
parkinglot said:
I know it doesnt look as good as my warrior, because I am not sitting on it..I am pretty pretty!!

LOL......... Any personal mods you are not telling us about?

Yeah, its not a warrior but it's got some things in common when you are on one. I had my warrior in at the time and they said you really got to see a bike thats for you. The old sale manuever. I gotta say the feel is awesome some if the warrior kills your shoulders and back after 100+ miles this is a great option. One of the tecks even said he recommeded getting the warrior out of state to be another persons problem. Oh well. I think it's time to let it go anyway.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edders said:
nmbillr said:

That's like the feeling I had. Before I bought my Midnight Warrior, I was looking at either a Warrior or Raider. I thought the Raider looked awesome in pictures, but when I went to the dealer to check it out, I thought, "meh." I looked at all of the non-Warrior bikes on display and thought, "meh."

The Warrior is out-of-the-box the best looking cruiser of them all IMHO

Even wiith the heater on it I like it! LOL +1

·
Registered
338 Posts
A customer of mine bought one, let me ride it. There are a lot of similarities but also lot of differences. Its seems to be more of a cruiser than sport. It is nice and light and nimble with lots of power. There are pretty much no accessories for it yet other than star though. I'll stick with my sweeeeeeet warrior.........

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I have a thing for symmetry. The Warrior has a certain flow, even that unsightly stock water heater did not distract too much when I was looking in the showroom, **** thing looked like it was flying when parked. Very Sexy!

The Raider has those hard angles which turn me off, the tank looks like it’s pointing to the rear tire, the fender stays look like a stock market chart, and the exhaust just make it that much harder to look at. Then they chose to pair the bike with those curved spoke rims which IMHO do not work the bike’s angular design.

I saw a Raider this past weekend, someone had put in considerable moola to dress it up, it looked a lot better but… it still not a Warrior.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I agree; the fender stays and the exhaust just don't do it for me. But then again how many of us leave the stock exhaust on any motorcycle we buy? I think the raider is sweet other than those 2 features...... But I think I will keep my warrior.... At least for now.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Things I like....the raked front end, headlight, wheels, the exagerated lip on the front andrear fenders, the bigger motor

Things I don't like.....exhaust (looks like a fat chick sat on your pipes and bent them) the gap between the front jug and the neck of the frame; the tank, somthing isn't right about it?I think something similar to the curve of the warrior tank would really help it out, also it could stand to be physically bigger, lookssmall inproportion to the rest of thebike.

Here's a side by side

·
Registered
370 Posts
At least you've got to ride one and compare. All of the dealers around here can't seem to get any in or they're sold before they get here

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went by Bobbjs Yamaha and they already had one in the work area? Hope it's not serious. Took them my warrior so I will be looking in the classifieds for another bike soon or ebay. I will pass on a brand new bike when bikes with the mods I want are already out there.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
My brother bought a Raider but since I'm in Puerto Rico and he is in Arizona I haven't had a chance to compare other than what he has told me, but then again he has not ridden my Warrior....

Would be nice to have a Raider owners opinion of the warrior... Other than OhioMike I have not heard from this side before.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have my Candy Red w/Flames Raider S now. I loved my Warrior, but I must admit I like looking at the Raider in my garage. It is totally stock and has nearly as much chrome as I had on my Warrior. While I will be changing the exhaust, the Raider stock exhaustishands down better thanthe Warrior stock exhaust.

Both bikes are great and at times I will miss my Warrior, but my Raider will have no problems filling that void.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gman said:
I have my Candy Red w/Flames Raider S now. I loved my Warrior, but I must admit I like looking at the Raider in my garage. It is totally stock and has nearly as much chrome as I had on my Warrior. While I will be changing the exhaust, the Raider stock exhaustishands down better thanthe Warrior stock exhaust.

Both bikes are great and at times I will miss my Warrior, but my Raider will have no problems filling that void.

Thanks, We need to hear from a real owner on this. Right on.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts