RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week end I had atrip up to DK Mc's and for the first time I saw the raider in the flesh. I must say that any photos I have seen of this machine and that includes the Star publicity shots and video, do not do this bike justice.

Sitting on the machine I found it to be extremely light and the riding position seemed so natural. Me thinks I must have a test ride on one of these. I can honestly say, If I had the readies £8600, I would snap one of these up. I keep looking at the images on the net weighing up the pros and cons.

Anyone else been smitten by this superb beast?

Ivan

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Prisoner said:
Anyone else been smitten by this superb beast?

ian [irichard] has one and it was my first hand view of one when we met up at the ace this summer - it looks loads better in the flesh - not a bike to be sniffed at... but i love the warrior [just personal taste] - i know ian loves his raider which is all that counts really

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have seen a few of them personally now and I prefer the black with the black on the wheels.They are very nice but they are no warrior.They will get lost in the crowd of customs that are seen at every bike week or event.The warrior stands out from the crowd.I would buy one but as a second bike.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Short of the fender stays and tank, I like the raider. For me it comes in 3rd to the Warrior 1st, and Roadliner 2nd.

Mmmm,

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Check my gallery. I have my Raider and Warrior pictures. The Big Radius pipe sure looks and sounds great.

·
Registered
692 Posts
whajac said:
Short of the fender stays and tank, I like the raider. For me it comes in 3rd to the Warrior 1st, and Roadliner 2nd.

Mmmm,

I looked at the Roadliner too, what sold me on the warrior was the $$ since I picked up a new 2007 in mid 2008 for a good deal. I like the art deco, streamliner looks of it

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Loving the Raider, although I'm still waiting
on the new pipes to come from the States [Hard Krome 2.5" strippers]. I've got the black one as opposed to the chrome raider. Bike's an absolute dream, but its fair to say that its not as focussed as the warrior.

Just my impression but the raider is far more softly tuned (and maybe geared)than the warrior but I reckon there must be tons more in their if you want to bring it out. What it doesn't have thoughis the cornering ability and lean angle of the warrior.Don't get me wrong, it handles OK, but it touches down real quick compared to the warrior.

Once I get the pipesand put them, then it'll be just right (stock pipes are just gagged and you wouldn't know the bike as a 1900).

No.2 daughter is chuffed as heck about it and is looking forward to rallies next year, riding pillion on it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I wanted one from the time I first started seeing the pictures. I was exactly opposite of you and most others it seems. When they started arriving at dealers and I saw it first hand I was less impressed but still knew I'd get one eventually. As the months have gone by though I've become less and less interested in it. If someone offered me a brand new one for my Warrior I imagine I'd take it though. It's probably more my style and unlike a lot of guys I like the angled lines of it pretty well and see a LOT of potential just like a stock Warrior has. OhioMike has one he's done a whole lot to that he's selling practically brand new with custom paint and all for anyone that's looking.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
skybejef said:
gman said:
Yes I have been bitten. I love my Warrior, but the Raider is a step up.

So you own both bikes. Just curious how the Raider a step up over the Warrior?
Power looks and comfort. JMHO

Unfortumately my Warrior was totaled last summer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Iain, I look forward to seeing yours in the new year sometime.

MMMMM.... decisions, decisions... I will give it a couple of months before I do owt. Best check with the bank first though. :)

Thanks again

Ivan

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ivan, it'd be good to see you. Maybe its time for a midlands meeting? What ever happened to the idea of a 'poker-run'around Worcester or some such?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts