RS Warrior Forum banner

Rally in the Valley

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Heftysmurf 
#1 ·
Last season, a couple of guys from the drag strip got together and put on a motorcycle rally - Rally in the Valley (Thunder Valley, Marion, SD). They are trying to increase interest in motorcyclist drag racing as we have only about 5, maybe 6 regular motorcycles show up every weekend. We had 100 racers with about another 200 show up just as spectators. We ran several classes, both heads up and bracket. So I'd say it was a success! Hopefully some of those racers will come back on a regular basis. There's another rally scheduled for this season (June 5th & 6th).

Here's a link to a video that Jerry Nash (aka Drag Racing Fanatic) posted.

I'm racing on the Warrior at 2:23 and on my VTX1800 at 13:15. Both bikes run about the same time, low 13s but the Honda tends to get sideways at first. Also you'll see that some of these guys have never raced before because they wait until they see the green light. Nope! ?

Here's a link to Thunder Valley's 2020 schedule if you want to pay a visit. 2019 TVD Schedule

Here's the Honda getting sideways on me.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Very cool.
Warrior sounds great.
I've never dragraces, but always been interested,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Boy, I'm getting either lazy or forgetful. I forgot to post this season's Rally in the Valley (2020). This particular video is just the first run of Test and Tunes. Still fun to watch. Keep an eye on the far lane at 12:56. Impressive! He did the same thing last year and the organizers used his picture for this year's promotion poster.

Sadly I have only a few more videos to edit/post. I ran out of battery on my camera and FORGOT to bring the AC cord! :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.