RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get a air ram like the one on the left side of the warrior but for the right side? i dont want the velosity stack. i have seen it when you buy the 5k power addition from the factory but all i want is to get more air flow (im in colorado and need more of it) Plus im getting the vance and hines bigshots soon will i need to remap the computer or will it adjust by itself?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Kevin...

as far as i know you can't get one for the right side. NOW...have you eliminated the right side air box and the air box under the tank also...by doing the Home Made BAK set-up? If not...there's not much you can do for more air.

I take it that you have done the BAK deal. The best thing you could do is try and get the right side air scoop from the Stage Four Yammy kit for the Warrior. BUT...as of right now...i don't think you can get it by itself until Yammy breaks down the part numbers of that kit...with prices...so we can buy them separetly.

OK...if you have not done the BAK deal...and you're only gonna have the pipes changed you can probly get away without remapping...the onboard puter will probly make up the diff for the pipe. BUT...if you do both...BAK and pipes...you'll need the PCIII or the TFI to remap.

I hope i made that halfway clear.

billh
Kokomo, IN

·
Registered
309 Posts
that helps alot. I havent done anything yet, my pipes (bigshots) wont be manufactured untill Sept i hear. But i'm looking now so i know what im getting into. I want to BAK it after i get the pipes on but i dont like the stack look. what you have looks great to me. BUT i dont have the equipment to manufacture anything. is it possible to do the BAK if i cant cut or bend metal? Also can i just have the puter remaped or is it hard wired and i have to get a PC3 or TFI?

·
Registered
756 Posts
The only metal fabricating doing the BAK is the alum piece at the front. One 90* bend and drill a couple of holes to mount 2 of the sensors to.

Go to my web site by clicking on the little icon above and go to the Mods section and then "home made BAK". It'll show you pics and a brief write-up.

The mounting plate for the S&S (fake) airbox on the right side is just a piece of alum cut with a hacksaw and shaped with files. I DO EVERYTHING THE HARD WAY!!! Everything i've made for all my bikes have been done this way...i have no fancy equipment! BUT...i wish i did!

You'll have to use either the PCIII or TFI...some guys have said that their dealer has remapped the injection a little???????????

·
Registered
309 Posts
thanks for the info... if the bike would just sit still for a few days i'd start to work on it. Its just too fun not to ride.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Meltdown,
First off, there has been plenty of discussion on the TFI vs. PowerCommanderIII. I would go with the PowerCommanderIII over the TFI. As for changing you're pipes. The BigShots are a complete system from the heads back, so saying this, YES, you will need to purchase the PowerCommanderIII in order for you to get the best overall performance out of you're set-up. I am one of the 3 guys that came up with the HomeBrewed Bak, I was more invovled on the technical side/ideals etc. Vinny did the prototyping on his Warrior with the K&N Filter Pod's and RGraddy did all the design and fabrication on the bracket. We spent a lot of time on the BAK and we are still improving on the original set-up. Rgraddy and myself have gone to the tapered pod's vs. the oval shaped one's Vinny has. You should take a look at my picture of my Ram Air Velocity Stack at the bottom of my picture's you will see 3 photo's. This in my personal opinion is the best set-up for Ram Air efficency that "WORKS" Wish you luck in which direction you choose.

P.S. Check my post on TFI vs. PowerCommanderIII

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey new to this site. what is bak? i have a heavily modded 02 R1 and got to wait till tues to get my warrior, or worse maybe wed. anyways just wandering what can be done to it in stock form w/o buying pipes and powercommanders. i am a hp junkie. any info helps. and also i had an idea about lowering and moving the passenger pegs, but yall have already got that covered. any pics of that mod???

i'll look elsewher, but direction would help.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/link.asp?topic_id=19 try that for the peg flip.BAK means big air kit.I dont know as much as most on here about modifying but what I have learned is if you do just about anything to the air system or exhaust you will need a pc3 or something like it to get the best performance from your bike. hope this helps maybe some one else can describe it better in detail for you .congrats on the new warrior.Later Dwayne..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts