RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got a chance to ride today. Had all kinds of problems w/ the helmet mount camera. The vid quality of the Samsung sc-x105 is horrible compared to the Panasonic Lumix, but there is definitely less shaking. What's worse is that each camera uses a different file format that need to be converted...sorry, forgot to cover the microphones.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzzALLMbTmE>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzzALLMbTmE

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the helmet camera was mounted on the left side of my helmet and before that turn I got off my seat a bit and turned my head into the turn to get ready for the lean. The wide helmet cam lense makes the mirror look like it's sticking out of the lane. Because of its crappy optics, it also looks like the mirror is about the scrape the ground. I'm going to mount it on top of my helmet for a more balanced perspective....thanks for noticing though[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Do these cams come with the tape recorder or do you attach one of your own?
I have seen a few cams that are really cheap and I an sure they have to attach to a different recording device.
Just getting info before I try and get my own. I think though, I will go with a special mount. It hools up just in front of the rear tire on the left or right side. SHould give a new perspective if nothing else.
Just mount your own handheld cam to it, hit record and roll.[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the set-up to the Ram-Mount & Lumix:

Here is the Helmet cam setup:

Neither of them are satisfactory....but I'm sure the right camera is out there....I'm just not willing to shell out $700+ for it.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I like the view of the helmet cam because you can see the bike leaning and how
your riding. It should be brought more to the center of the helmet though. As far
as the mic thing goes, just add music to your video. The only videos where I keep the
actual sound is if the mic was facing backwards. Also keep in mind Youtube degrades the
videos so whatever we're watching is worse than you actually recorded. Otherwise, I think
for internet viewing what you showed was just fine.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the comments guys...this is all new territory for me. As far as looking up in the turns Jerome, trust me I wasn't looking down...I had to tear off the bullet cam half way up the canyon b/c it ran out of battery and I didn't have time to level it. The velcro is so **** sticky. I do agree with Gregg though that the camera should be brought more to the center of the helmet. The video quality definitely degraded when I loaded it to Youtube...

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
You gonna have to video our next ride.....that'll give you an excuse to be in the back.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Probably be best if you velcro it to the top of the helmet! [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Good video though.......

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I'm guessing the video they show on their website isn't compressed as it is on youtube.
How does the video look when you play it back at home?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by vector18

I'm guessing the video they show on their website isn't compressed as it is on youtube.
How does the video look when you play it back at home?

The video quality is not as bad as the Youtube version, but it is **** of a lot worse than the Lumix or any other camera for that matter. The colors are all washed out and any bright light just messes with the whole image. The main camera unit is very light and does have white balancing and has a better lense so I may try and just velcro that to the helmet next time. The **** thing runs out of battery in less than 30min in the superfine, 720 size mode[:0]

BTW, Chris, I wish I had taken the camera w/ me last Sunday....I met up with couple of sport bike guys and girl and took 2 runs down Latigo and gave em a run for their money...I think I'm gonna finally retire the Warrior for all my "super canyon" runs....w/ the 190 rear I have now managed to scrape both foot peg mounts completely and frankly I have reached a point with the bike that, like you mentioned before, I've pushed the envelope as far as it goes. I'm going to spend more time on the 636....the added bonus is that the videos on that one come out much smoother with the mouont. The only problem is the **** bike has no freaking torque......and that's why I love my Warrior[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I have that same RAM mount and also another that mounts to the gas tank but still allows you to open up and refill. It works better than the RAM even on my inline 4. I'm gonna get a different base mount for the RAM and mount it to the frame for rear view shots. That way I don't have to fumble around with moving the mount from one location to another. I hope to get some real nice vids while at WFIII.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by vector18

The exact reason I'm going with a Vtwin sport bike! [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

ooohhhh...a DUC maybe?[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts