RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just checking out a couple of bikes in the gallery and I noticed the rating box. I'd never noticed it before.
When I clicked on a number it said that I'd already rated this bike? I thought that was odd but my memory being what it is I checked a couple of other bikes, same response. Any ideas?[?]

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
ya i got that too, but if you click on your pmy warrior, my ratings it will tell u who voted on you and what u voted on so far.

http://www.rswarrior.com/mywarrior/MyRatings.aspx

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I've been rating everyone I look at, only takes a sec and it's a pretty cool feature. I also rated my own. I used the same criteria as I used for everyone else, I gave myself a 3. Hopefully, I will be able to give myself a 4 before the snow melts. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

I've been rating everyone I look at, only takes a sec and it's a pretty cool feature. I also rated my own. I used the same criteria as I used for everyone else, I gave myself a 3. Hopefully, I will be able to give myself a 4 before the snow melts. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
299 Posts
Has any body figured out how to change a rating? In some cases I find ratings the system falsely says I have made (you have already rated this bike) but I haven't. - ERROR - ERROR

I'd also like to change any poor ratings other members may have inadvertently made of my ride.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
At this time you cannot clear the ratings you have made. It is something we may see in the future.

quote:I'd also like to change any poor ratings other members may have inadvertently made of my ride.

What would be the point of a rating, if you could change all the one's you don't agree with?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It would make sense so that you can re-rate a bike. Think about how often a bike changes on this site. And you know what else would help....to keep rating pretty level.....put out guide lines as to how many stars mean what. Like a set of definitions....for example...
1 Star - Bone Stock Bike
2 Star - Under 1-3 Mods/Minor changes(Chrome Parts Swaps)
3 Star - 4-6 Mods/Minor changes(Chrome Parts Swaps)
4 Star - 7-9 Mods/Minor changes(Chrome Parts Swaps)
5 Star - 10-12 Mods/Minor changes(Chrome Parts Swaps) and maybe a custom paint Job?
Now again something like this could be a guide line for honest ratings from one member to another.
Just an idea....

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I will look into adding the ability to re-rate a bike. This way, if you are rated poorly you can ask that person to re-rate your bike.

FatWarrior, are you sure that you didnt rate the bikes it says you did?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Markosd Thats about how I've been marking them. That seems like a good standard unless you don't like the mods that they have made. I have seen a few mods that I just don't like. I know that most of bought the Warrior because it is a diffrent bike and we want to be fast and diffrent but a few of the mods that people have done I just don't get and I will rate them lower because that is how I feel.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yea, well like I sad...guid lines...everyone has there own flavors they like..I like Vanilla Bean...[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
If there were a rigid set of rules for ratings, we wouldn't need to rate anyone, we all would know what are rating was, just by looking at the guidelines. Ratings are by definition subjective. Personally, I consider 3 average, 4 better than average and 5 only for bikes with some major, unique changes. So if you got a 5 from me, you really deserved it, IMO of course. I wouldn't give out a 2 or a 1 unless it was wrecked, rusted, crapped on and with broccoli (I really hate broccoli).

But that's just me. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
299 Posts
CarKnee – I'm not sure about anything what with all the pain killers I take. I know, I know, don't be jealous remember I have to put up with the pain. As I recall I got the message but was still able to make the rating, once. It is the ability to change a rating, I am after, not only because bikes change but just in case one mistakenly hits the wrong button while making an entery.

markosd – I don't think the number of Mods in it self should be the dominant factor. I see lots of bikes here with cleaver well thought out Mods that I think deserve a high rating. Lets be careful not to turn this into a "Mo Money" thing and remember “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.

Leo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts