Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I intend trying it out for my next oil change to see or feel if it makes a difference. Just did an oil change last week and put in Castrol Power 1 Racing 10W50 for the first time. So far I like the Castrol...feels like I have more power and idles smoother and also less engine noises.

List of their motorcycle oils such as 10w40 and V-Twin 20w50

Read their latest achievements and partnerships in their blog

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I truly have not heard of that oil here.
Now you have ;) RAVENOL AMERICA | RAVENOL Oils & Fluids of Germany
more about Ravenol

Ravenol official partner to BMW

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
Yeah let us know as Ravenol isn't popular over here in the states. I personally use Motul in my GTI and Mobil 1 in the Warrior and Raider as it has proven to be quieter for me.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah let us know as Ravenol isn't popular over here in the states. I personally use Motul in my GTI and Mobil 1 in the Warrior and Raider as it has proven to be quieter for me.
What makes you say it's not popular in the states and why?

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
Well it is not readily available here or around me. I live in Miami so I pretty much got everything around me. I have also been tinkering, modifying & racing cars for 25 years while riding motorcycles for the same amount. So when I say it is not popular it is because I do not see it at any of the shops I go to nor do I know anyone who runs it. Just my observation.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well it is not readily available here or around me. I live in Miami so I pretty much got everything around me. I have also been tinkering, modifying & racing cars for 25 years while riding motorcycles for the same amount. So when I say it is not popular it is because I do not see it at any of the shops I go to nor do I know anyone who runs it. Just my observation.
Ok...perhaps time to to give it a try...all the details are there in the link including dealers that stock it and you can order online as well...I believe it's really an outstanding product. Spoke to Freddie Stafford of Ravenol in South Africa on the phone here in South Africa and he really stands behind this oil and he rides bikes too and races cars. He knows about oils and the following is what he writes: The Label Game - Ravenol

Ravenol South Africa is headed by Freddi Stafford who has over 25 years experience in the oil industry. He first encountered the brand, when he owned his previous oil company. “It is the only brand of oil I have ever sold where customers would phone to comment on the difference it made in their car or motorbike. It is also the only brand that customers have specifically requested and have not been willing to accept an alternative to.” he says. When the opportunity arose again to be involved with the brand, he jumped at the opportunity.

Freddi Stafford. About Us – Oil Wise

Freddi Stafford "The Wheelie Man". 2. Motorrad extrem: Gerd Cordes trifft den „Wheelie-Man“ Freddi Stafford – TimeMAX, Rostschutz, Korrosionsschutz, Oldtimer, Trockeneisstrahlen, Karosseriebau

Freddi popping wheelies on his Yamaha YZF R1 on the Scarborough road near Cape Town, South Africa.

·
Administrator
29,442 Posts
Holy smoke it almost sounds like you work for the company!! If I find some I'll probably give it a try. I just received my usual Amsoil order so I have three oil changes on the shelf right now. By the time I replenish again I'm hoping to read several good reviews for Ravenol written by several members here. If yes then I see where I can order online.

The one thing another brand has to overcome is that Amsoil has a written guarantee to run the oil double the vehicle manufacturer's specified change mileage. I run as much as 6000+ miles on an oil change with the Bosch oil filter having same change mileage (see also Mocal union).

However there is always room for the occasional new product test, right!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holy smoke it almost sounds like you work for the company!! If I find some I'll probably give it a try. I just received my usual Amsoil order so I have three oil changes on the shelf right now. By the time I replenish again I'm hoping to read several good reviews for Ravenel written by several members here. If yes then I see where I can order online.

The one thing another brand has to overcome is that Amsoil has a written guarantee to run the oil double the vehicle manufacturer's specified change mileage. I run as much as 6000+ miles on an oil change with the Bosch oil filter having same change mileage (see also Mocal union).

However there is always room for the occasional new product test, right!
True :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts