RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: warrior of sale in Sydney!

Hi All,

I am putting my2006 midnight warrior with V&H pipes on the market. I am riding less and less and have only put 10700km on it since buying it in September 2006.

Ihave advertised it on bikesales.com.au.. waiting for the add to be approved.

Any tips or takers?

Cheers

David :)

2006 midnight warrior, V&H pipes, power commander (dyno tuned), mudguard removal mod and roadstar air intake.

·
Registered
142 Posts
there is only one bloke who I know who needs a WARRIOR

What do you think SPOKES like to join the rest of us MIDNIGHT owners

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
longy05 said:
there is only one bloke who I know who needs a WARRIOR

What do you think SPOKES like to join the rest of us MIDNIGHT owners

More the question, is Spokes GOOD enough to be a Midnight owner

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I'd rather be on a Harley than a midnight.

Well.... Thats not really true.

But regardless of what it is I am still not in a position to buy another one yet. AND IT IS KILLING ME.

There are so few to be seen on the road that it is making me want one more and more. Funny that! The less I see the more I want.
Such an individual bike that to sell one is nearly sacrilegeous.

In fact.............. fnqwarrior... have you seen a doctor lately?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Spokes,

Mmm.. a doctor. No not yet....some of my friends have asked me the same question!

I have all this exra time off this year and was wanting to go touring. I rode BMW R1150R in the south island of NZfor a week. I loved it! The ease of travel with panniers with two up was great... It didn't pull as hard and was a 5/10 in looks compared to a "10" for the midnight!
...I am looking at a newer R1200R. Does anyone have any experiences on these bikes? ...am I making a BIG mistake? [:'(]

One guy looked at it yesterday and loved it but didn't have enough cash. Dont worry I am not going to give it away... If any of you guys want it please let me know!

Is my price about right?

Cheers

David :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I haven't seen the price so I cant really comment on that.

As far as buying a touring bike. It's horses for courses. If you're more comfortable on the other and it is easier for you then why not.
I have previously just made do with whatever I could do to keep everything on the warrior just because I know that I would do more blatting around unladen than what I would touring.

Each to their own.

Good luck with it. If I had the funds available I would definately be buying it (assuming I couldn't find a normal warrior in as good nick)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: re: warrior for sale in Sydney!

G'Day FNQWarrior,

Nice bike, very nice price, if I didn't have a Midnight myself already, I'd be knocking down your door. I wouldn't want to see it going for anything less then what you have on it now !

Sorry to see your getting rid of a mighty fine bike, but, each to his own.

Enjoy your next one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well well well....!

I have had a few offers on the bike. The first day I hada good offer but Igot greedy and turned down $16000! Then had another offer just recently but the potential buyer's wife wouldn't allow the sale.

While this has been going on I have been slowly buying riding gear for the new girlfriend... Shoei XR1000 helmet, jacket, pants, gloves, boots (still to come)... visiting bike shops around Sydney.

After seeing a few BMW R1150R and R1200R "in the flesh" she doesn'tlike them andexpressed strong views on me keeping the warrior! So I have removed it from bikesales.com and am now looking at getting some panniers/luggage for it to facilitate weekends away!

.....any tips on panniers/luggage? I have looked at some oxford/ixon soft stuff for $150 at MCAS.Also there is a "Yamaha Star" soft pannier systemfor $470 or ....? any tips would be great. Are there any Givi hard luggage options for the warrior?

Cheers

David

FNQWarrior

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Just get atrailer and be done with it.

The cook and I did a trip round Aussie with the trailer and the Warrior didn't miss a beat and still dragged of HDs.

A lot easier to hide a tow bar than cover your bike up, but then again it is a midnight so go the panniers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts