RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow it's December 2008 I just don't know where the past year went. Its crazy!

I saved money again this year on mods, and on a couple repairs,because of this site so come January I'm ready to offer a little something to say thanks again for the work our moderators do. I've been thinking recently that the new forum format started out a little bit like an empty beer can rattling around in the bed of a pickup truck on a lonely dirt road.Every outside influence banged it around like wind into the tailgate. Looking at it today, its come a long way and although its not perfect it sure helps me achieve goals (and saves $).

I notice there's just a couple names this year at http://rswarrior.com/Support/which means a couple moderators did a lot more work somehow. For now, let me simply saythanks you guys. I'll step up to the plate in January like many others in a more meaningful way. Most of us can't ever donate much more than ten-twenty bucks, if that, but its truly the thought that counts.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You know you don't need to wait until January to donate right? With the new system it doesn't reset each year for Gold Supporters like yourself so you might as well just give any time you can regardless of what month it is.
I'm sure whoever you donate to will appreciate the extra Christmas money.

As for me, I donated 3 times in Febuary but recently my badge got downgraded somehow and sinceSean doesn't really visit here much or answer emails I can't get that fixed or the gallery problem I've had for several months fixed. It's too bad JP hasn't been on the donations, I noticed that also but never got a reply from Sean about it either. Busy busy guy...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What is the average donation a person can make that would be a good contribution? This site is amazing and has helped me learn so much about my bike the past 3 months of my ownership.

Why do people keep refering back to the old site format? I like this format. How much different was the old one?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
fake said:
What is the average donation a person can make that would be a good contribution?

Oh, I dunno... I'd say $400 would be decent...
Just kidding of course, just give whatever you think it's worth to YOU with the effort you see that the person you're contributing to put in to making it beneficial to you. Obviously Carknee is the admin who makes the whole thing possible with the very little time he has anymore so keep that in mind. The mods do what they can as well and recently have been more active. You don't HAVE to give anything but every little bit is appreciated by themI'm sure especially this time of year so maybe if you have a few twenties to spare or something hopefully this train will keep chugging on for years yet. $50 gets you a shiny gold badge and for $90 Sean would probably sell you the whole site. lol I kid, I kid...

The new format is fine if it's what you're used to but unfortunately change rubs a lot of people the wrong way so that's all. The new and old both have / had benefits that the other didn't so to me it's a wash but if the new site gained the ability to upload pics directly into post without remote hosting (like the old had at the end) then the new format would leap far ahead of the old.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I think you are right, there should be 4 moderators listed butstill only 3 are shown. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.Like a lot of members I still use January 1st as my reminder to donate each year. I admitits a habit from the old site but it has its merits!

As for how much to donate, all I can say is nobody else will ever know how much you donate, orwhich moderator(s) you donate to. Its a personal thing. We all know how much work these guys do for us, and they know we appreciate their work to keep this place clean and honest, and maybe a little organized. Obviouslywe can't always afford to give what we would like, but they know that. Besides, donations are not required and I bet they appreciate every donation more than we realize so I like to chip in.

fake said:
What is the average donation a person can make that would be a good contribution? This site is amazing and has helped me learn so much about my bike the past 3 months of my ownership. Why do people keep refering back to the old site format? I like this format. How much different was the old one?

BTW there's no way to describe the old site, you had to be there. It was great. This is pretty darn great too, but different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts