RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the recommended torque setting for the rear axle nut? I know Yammi has a number but I remember reading somewhere that thier numbers make it a little tight. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
I reccomend following the service manual. If you don't have one, and are inclined to tinker, get one. I believe there might be a couple typos in there, but this definatley insn't one of them.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
110 is what I always went with and it is no problem using a standard 1/2" drive torque wrench. Mine is at least 24" long and gives plenty of leverage. Now, if someone were trying to tighten it to 110 using a hand ratchet that is about 12" long or a box wrench, well, yeah 110 ft-lbs can be daunting to achieve.

I'd go with the recommended torque, especially on the axle nut.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by lagalaxy8

I've seen guys go with there "gut feeling gauge"

If they have the right touch, that works too. Done that on the road and also with car wheels.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I go with the "gut" feeling as with auto wheels, etc. Or, mark it lightly with a black marker so it stops exactly where you began.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by lagalaxy8

I've seen guys go with there "gut feeling gauge"

I've used the gut feeling gauge ever since I started working on things. So far it's never let me down. But you really to have to know how to feel for it. For someone not sure, I'd go for the torque wrench right away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts