RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to find out how to relocate the rear caliper behind the swingarm. I thoughtyou guys had discussed this previously but couldn't find the post.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Old mate

Warrior1oz arranges it for you

refer this link http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/123247.aspx

send him a pm (and an email).

Send him the money and he'll send you a modified caliper hanger and brake line.Install the new one then send your old one back to him so he can have that modded for the next guy. There may be a queue, I don't know just at the moment

Cheers

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The first time I'd seen it was last weekend and it makes a huge difference to the look of the bike. I'm looking forward to the mod.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Looking smart Greg.

Hopefully i'm not too far down Han's list for that mod.

Fancy a runout sometime in the beginning/mid April ? chat soon.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
gtg_ozzie said:
You won't need to twist my arm very hard

I'll look at the diary, and let you know.

A friend of mine recently rode to Yea, and he saysits an interesting ride through a lot of the bushfire affection areas. Its a route I have ridden a number of times through the yarra valley. Will be in contact probably sometime next week.

·
Registered
262 Posts
hey oz...2 quick questions...how did you get rid of the exhaust/brake resivior mounting bosses that are part of the frame (right behind the right rear passenger peg location)?

and

Where did you get that center cap for the right side of the rear wheel?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Had mine done last month.

Hidden Rear Brake mod, bracket welding done by A Steel Dream Welding, [email protected]

Phone: 505-410-1501

I am very satisfied with their work. Cost was $77.50 plusUSPS Priority Mail shipping.

You have to send in your bracket ($9.85 shipping), and send them the prepaid return shipping slip ($9.85), so the total was $97.20 delivered. I had mine in a week.

It has to be powdercoated. That was $30

·
Registered
254 Posts
BigBlackWarrior said:
hey oz...2 quick questions...how did you get rid of the exhaust/brake resivior mounting bosses that are part of the frame (right behind the right rear passenger peg location)?

and

Where did you get that center cap for the right side of the rear wheel?

Thanks!

BBW - 1. I cut the tabs off with a 4" cut off wheel (very carfully), then smoothed, sanded and painted.

2. Not sure what you mean by 'center cap' you may be refering to the rear disk with the stock dust cover removed. They all have those curvy slots in them.

GTG - Thanks mate, I had the Big Shots on originally but recently got some Samsons from Gerald and made my own tips. I hope to join you guys on a ride next time your organising something.

·
Registered
830 Posts
OK Let me 1st say...........................YOU BAR$TARD ! It looks [email protected] REAL those tips

I want my pipes back ..................[:'(]

Well done mate on the hidden brake too !!!!!!!!!!!

YOU [email protected] ...... ( cry cry goes to the carport and says to EVL1 why can't you be as prety as ozwarriors bike ) hehe

Good ony mate

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks mate.

Just remember it's all your fault!!

B.T.W. If you get this in time, the Outlaws are having their annual bike show again down Old Geelong Rd. this Saturday 21st March. Not making any formal plans but will be there for a few hours after lunch if you feel like dropping in.

·
Registered
262 Posts
what kind of paint did you use? and did you repaint the whole frame or were you able to just touch up that vertical piece of frame?

That really looks great!

·
Registered
254 Posts
BigBlackWarrior said:
what kind of paint did you use? and did you repaint the whole frame or were you able to just touch up that vertical piece of frame?

That really looks great!

I was able to just paint the thin vertical piece of frame where the tabs are.

I used a rattle can paint called 'Plasticoat' flat black.

·
Registered
338 Posts
OK, I guess this kind of turned into the tab cut off thread now. I got rowdy and did it last night, along with installing my new billet hubcap. I also used a 4" grinder with a cut off wheel. then a layered sanding disc to smooth out. and a can of flat black paint. I brushed on 4 coats instead of spraying cause overspray sucks. I am happy with the outcome. I know, I still need to slam it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good job bear.

I masked off the strip very accurately and taped rags and sheets over the rest of the bike. No o/s.

Now it's time to to get that thing lower to the ground.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts