RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha warrior
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I’m putting the 280 conversion on mine it’s almost finished when you takeoff the water heater exhaust you have that brake reservoir just hanging there. Does somebody make a bracket to relocate that. Or can I take a motocross smaller rear brake reservoir and put it under my seat?

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,501 Posts
You can. There are several options:
  • Bolt your reservoir directly to the frame
  • Get a bracket such as the one from Cobra
  • Relocate it under your seat
  • Get a replacement reservoir that makes those options easier
  • Remove the reservoir all together and plug the end of your supply hose with a bolt
Do a little searching and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Ultimately, the decision is yours and what works best for your goals.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha warrior
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can. There are several options:
  • Bolt your reservoir directly to the frame
  • Get a bracket such as the one from Cobra
  • Relocate it under your seat
  • Get a replacement reservoir that makes those options easier
  • Remove the reservoir all together and plug the end of your supply hose with a bolt
Do a little searching and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Ultimately, the decision is yours and what works best for your goals.
Thanks for the quick reply I’ll definitely get on it now

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,501 Posts
I think I’m gonna get a motocross one and put it up under my seat . I just have to make sure the hose side is the same
It's not uncommon to just move the current reservoir under the seat. I think you'll need to cut out a little path for the hose, but otherwise, it should go pretty easily. I've made the cut for myself, I just haven't made the move.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Take the reservoir off altogether. There is enough fluid in the the long hose between the original reservoir and the master cylinder. Shove a bolt in the end of the hose, and clamp it in, then shove it up under the seat. Mine has been working fine that way for 20 years.

Look at my pics.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha warrior
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Take the reservoir off altogether. There is enough fluid in the the long hose between the original reservoir and the master cylinder. Shove a bolt in the end of the hose, and clamp it in, then shove it up under the seat. Mine has been working fine that way for 20 years.

Look at my pics.
Ok I’ll do that. Where are the pics your talking about? Sorry I’m new to website and haven’t got it figured out totally yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts