RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my rear brakes. I replaced the rear master cylinder and vaccumed all my lines, now my problem is that my caliper does compress but does not put enough pressure on the brake pads and my foot brake lever doesnt have pressure either. Any help would do. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, and if i place the pedle to its highest position their is no pressure but if i place it to its lowest position their is pressure on the pedle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
rubo said:
Yes, and if i place the pedle to its highest position their is no pressure but if i place it to its lowest position their is pressure on the pedle.
Sounds like you may still have air in the line. Make sure nothing is hitting the brake pedal when it is applied.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,925 Posts
When you bled the brakes you got fluid down the line, obviously, so the lines are not plugged. You need tokeep bgleeding you have a bubble. Or your caliper pistons are stuck.


rubo said:
HI, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my rear brakes. I replaced the rear master cylinder and vaccumed all my lines, now my problem is that my caliper does compress but does not put enough pressure on the brake pads and my foot brake lever doesnt have pressure either. Any help would do. Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,918 Posts
Based on your lastgallery photo there is an unfinishedhidden rear caliper bracket



Is this your configuration ... ? and if so have you made any modification to the stock rear swing arm on the inside right side to clear the caliper body and or the brake line banjo interference?


The Master Cylinder (MC)pushrod adjustment @ the piston must have a slight amount of freeplay for proper operation. Once again, The Master Cylinder pushrod adjustment must have a slight amount of freeplay for proper operation else the brake fluid is unable to return to the MC reservoir.


This is very important for bleeding and also for fluid expansion when the brakes heat up. If not properly adjusted the brakes will LOCK-UP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i do have the hidden cliper mod and i did trim some of the inside of the swingarm.. And the cylinder does come out so i dont believe it could be stuck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,918 Posts
rubo said:
yes i do have the hidden cliper mod and i did trim some of the inside of the swingarm.. And the cylinder does come out so i dont believe it could be stuck.
Here's some reading mat'l on this subject. I suggest you review all the threads within the topic as well as alternate methods for trouble shooting this problem:
Brake Bleeding w/MityVac -update: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/108539/900405.aspx#900405
Bleeding the rear brake: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25072/368693.aspx#368693

This is my methodology andhow igravity bleed for reference only:
Installing New SS Brake Lines: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/26284/380798.aspx#380798

High Brake Pedal: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/23226/349075.aspx#349075

Brake Lever Adjustment - Advice: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25910/377402.aspx#377402

Master Cylinder 101: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/115176/941168.aspx#941168
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,351 Posts
Keep bleeding.I have the hiden brake mod and the downfall is air getting traped in the caliper which is now at a higher point than the line.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top