RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does that plastic cover over the rear disc serve a purpose? It's really ugly IMO. Is there a good reason NOT to remove it?

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
What plastic cover? Do you mean the heatsink? Its aluminum. Many run without it. You just need to get shorter bolts - the ones from the front discs will do.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
The heatsink is there to dissipate heat, but with normal to modertae riding and even hard brakeing for short sessions will not generate enough heat to cause any probs.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
It is a heat sink for the rotor and even with hard riding, nothing bad will happen. I personally couldn't wait for that ugly thing to get off my bike. But I did notice my rotor slightly purple on the edges.

Insert Image:

78.54KB

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe that's why I couldn't find it using "search"...I tried everything but "heatsink"...including kitchen sink.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by dfwrswarrior04

hmmm, if anyone wants to get rid of there "heatsink" PM me, i would gladly like to have an extra one to polish up!

Gee, I have about 3?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

quote:Originally posted by dfwrswarrior04

hmmm, if anyone wants to get rid of there "heatsink" PM me, i would gladly like to have an extra one to polish up!

Gee, I have about 3?

JP....

You have about 3 of everything.... i dont know why you dont just find a wrecked warrior, and bolt one back together

·
Registered
278 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BHW

Does that plastic cover over the rear disc serve a purpose? It's really ugly IMO. Is there a good reason NOT to remove it?

That's crazy - I was just about to post the same question! I pulled mine off yesterday after removing the rim (getting new tire mounted tomorrow). Only thing I could figure out was that it added strength and kept the rotor from warping. It covers up some slats, so would think they would help with heat. I'm considering cleaning up the rotor and keeping the cover off if can find some shorter bolts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts