RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 99% fininshed putting my latest mod on the bike. It's the rear fender from Paulius in Lithuania (a member on this site)

Paul's Motoshop

The mounting bracket took a bit of modifying as the holes didnt quite match up with the exhisting mounts under the seat, but after a bit of cursing :D and a few cold beers, it all fell into place.

The only problem at the moment is the brake light isnt working properly, but I think that isnt anything to do with the wiring look supplied.

here a couple of quick snaps. Better ones to follow when the bike is clean, and I can find a better background, and maybe a bikini clad blonde to drape herself over the bike :cool:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great.
Thanks.

I'm not happy with a couple of small things such as the license plate bracket I made isnt 100% straight, and the paint job was a quickie because I want to show her off at the moto GP this weekend, but I love the look myself

Ive got the adjustable lowering kit on her as well which I can still drop about another 3/4 inch, so I might see how that looks.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Thanks.
I'm not happy with a couple of small things such as the license plate bracket
Looks great Gringo, your rear number plate will last about a half hour on there. Warriorblue had to go side mount with his.

Gav.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi.

Looks well.

At me too same rear fender.

Only I directly bought from Martin in Lithuania.
He doesn't sell, and its friend - as I have understood Pauljus, he is engaged in it...

P.S. And I here can't find now stock seat in any way, under this rear fender.

Dmitry
Russia

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great Gringo, your rear number plate will last about a half hour on there. Warriorblue had to go side mount with his.

Gav.
The number plate is on a lightweight but heavy duty steel bracket behind the lights. The bracket and number plate should survive OK. I might need to ensure the bolts are tight and no play otherwise the fender itself might get damaged.

Side mounts are illegal here. (although it is on my list of mods)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi.

Looks well.

At me too same rear fender.

Only I directly bought from Martin in Lithuania.
He doesn't sell, and its friend - as I have understood Pauljus, he is engaged in it...

P.S. And I here can't find now stock seat in any way, under this rear fender.

Dmitry
Russia
Hi Dmitry.

I have the 2005 model and the stock seat fits perfectly with the new fender.

have you any pics of your bike with the fender?

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Quick trip to ebay search: roadstar warrior fender and it pops up..says it fits 200 to 300 tire and requires use of 04 to 09 stock seat...dmitri, sure you could adapt to fit a newer seat, and there are many guys on the forum that have them. I have mine but kinda want to hang on to it, but if you can't find one anywhere, lemme know. Think there's a custom covered one in the classifieds right now...good luck, I like that fender look, did since warmar originally posted it here!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Still trying to hunt down a bikini clad blond?:)

Anxious to see some good pic's . . . of the bike (OK, the blond too). Are you happy with the set-up so far? Any issues?

I have an 02 with a single seat (Part # 5PX24-10) on it, so I should be good if I decide to go for this fender (really more like a rear end). How quickly did you get it from time of order. Is the paint a good match? Would it support a passenger seat or rack?

Sorry so many questions, and apologies to Paulius (if he reads this) if my questions seam blunt - I just want to get as good a description as I can before plunking down the ~ $500 + shipping. Yours and Dmitri's are the only 2 I've seen. I do love the way this piece drastically changes the look of the rear end - for the better IMO.

JB (newby)

I am 99% fininshed putting my latest mod on the bike. It's the rear fender from Paulius in Lithuania (a member on this site)

Paul's Motoshop

The mounting bracket took a bit of modifying as the holes didnt quite match up with the exhisting mounts under the seat, but after a bit of cursing :D and a few cold beers, it all fell into place.

The only problem at the moment is the brake light isnt working properly, but I think that isnt anything to do with the wiring look supplied.

here a couple of quick snaps. Better ones to follow when the bike is clean, and I can find a better background, and maybe a bikini clad blonde to drape herself over the bike :cool:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still trying to hunt down a bikini clad blond?:)

Anxious to see some good pic's . . . of the bike (OK, the blond too). Are you happy with the set-up so far? Any issues?

I have an 02 with a single seat (Part # 5PX24-10) on it, so I should be good if I decide to go for this fender (really more like a rear end). How quickly did you get it from time of order. Is the paint a good match? Would it support a passenger seat or rack?

Sorry so many questions, and apologies to Paulius (if he reads this) if my questions seam blunt - I just want to get as good a description as I can before plunking down the ~ $500 + shipping. Yours and Dmitri's are the only 2 I've seen. I do love the way this piece drastically changes the look of the rear end - for the better IMO.

JB (newby)
Not had time to write a follow up on this thread until now, so your post is probably a good reminder :D

I was warned that with a rear mounted license plate wont last 30 minutes. They were wrong. It lasted just 5 :eek:
If you are looking at mounting a rear license plate, think carefully about the clearance from the rear tyre. I thought I did, but the first decent pot hole in the road, and she was gone. You need to angle the plate almost in line with the tyre to be same. Also bear in mind if you are looking to do this, you will need to manufacture your own bracket. Side mounted is the easiest and best looking option IMO (unfortunately illegal here in Oz)

The fender is not painted, so you need to take that into account.

Not sure about an '02 model, but on my '05 I had to make some modifications under the seat. The bracket for the fender has a couple of supports for extra strentgh, but you need to cut a couple of pieces of plastic out from the plastic holder for your battery/wires ecu etc. Not complex.

I also had to re-drill a couple of the holes for mounting the bracket as they didnt line up properly either.

The fender is definitely not designed for a passender seat or carry rack.

I have kept my old fender, and will swop out if I need to use my touring seat with rack.

I am extremely happy with the look, but was slighlty dissappointed in the lack of instrustructions supplied for mounting the fender, but after a number of emails to Paulius all good.

He is quick to answer emails & postage was just over 2 weeks after production to Australia.

message to Paulius. Find a cheaper shipping company and you will sell plenty more of these fenders. The cost of shipping is defintely holding a lot of members back from ordering one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts