RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on this on and off over the last 4 months. Just had the fender painted and I think it is done. I started with a blank fender off EBay. Made the seat and seat pan myself. Thinking of getting a professionally done seat out of real leather. Have not decided yet. I am thinking of putting on the 7* trees to lower the front. I did the flip and grind and it rocks back on acceleration.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Nice job!

The paint is a really good match - looks standard.

I agree with your thoughts on the seat... a pro leather one would finish the job nicely.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
I remember this one
.... recent mods to headlight, gages, wiring: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/29100.aspx

AlanH said:
Very nice Matthew and congratulations on a very difficult and time consuming mod. Well done.

I started out w/bungee nuts and a Willie & Max Hooker for my 1st mod

Following in bpk0816 foot steps is a very difficult task. He has IMHO one of the finest bikes if not the finest with this type modification.

Now no disrespect intended but you need to work on your photo skillzzzz...... and some more photos
This is a very impressive modification. Looks like you have rigidlymounted the newfender to the swing arm w/o using any rear mounted struts to the fender tipand eliminated the fender stays .... very nice
... you certainly have skillzzzzzz and yourphotos are improving too, now just take some close-ups of the fabricated mount to the swing arm
.... thefender huggingthe tire gives the allusion of a wide phat wheel!

With the FNG (flip and grind) and your new mod,your best bet is to swap out w/ the Eibach 1000# spring, IMO

How much movementis there at the fender tip from the engine vibrations?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i really like how u did that fender. how did u go about mounting it? could you possibly take some closer pics or something for me? i'm thinkin of doing something for my raider similar and i think this idea would def. be unique. nice job man

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very nice work on that fender!

In addition to the mounting details most are asking about, can you tell us the name of the eBay vendor where you bought the fender blank?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Nice!

I just got a Fender Blank on eBay myself. Not sure if I want to mount it rigid or with the stays. Can you put some close-up pics of the mount, so I can get some ideas from your experience?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the nice feedback. I do not think it was a vendor on EBay, just an individual; I will take it apart and get some close up pictures soon of the mounting. That actually is one of the best parts about it is that it takes about three minutes to remove it or install it. 5 plugs for the lights and 4 bolts. It turned out the fender I bought fit perfect in between the swing arms so I cut it off flush at the top of the swing arm and welded a tab down the LH and RH side, drilled a hole thru the triangular support under the swing arm on each side and drilled a hole thru the welded tab and bolted it on. Then welded a support to the LH and RH side of the fender just above the swing arm to keep the fender from pushing into the tire when it compresses into the seat on hard bumps. Those supports are screwed directly into the top of the swing arm to help stabilize it left to right. There is really no movement at the end of the fender at idle. It is extremely steady. The lights sit only .4 above the tire and at 90 MPH on bumps it has not touched the tire. Like I said I will post some pics as soon as I have a chance to pull it apart

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alanH good memory. Been a long time since I posted. Since you listed that post I will have to post my FWD control Mods. If you notice in the side pic I have nicely polished hand built forward controls.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some close ups of the mounts. This one sits on top of the swing arm and helps hold the fender square left to right.

This one is the actual mount, one bolt each side of fender. Very simpl and very sound. I know they are hard to see. I will disassemble and take some pictures soon.

I know some will say it looks light weight and wont last or something like that but I have over a thousand miles on it and can literally sit on it and it stays put.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
What about your tail light? Is that a radiantz, if so what kind? Is it running only, run/brake, or run/brake/turn? Also does it bend in any direction? Looks good man!

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
What's the hex hd bolt & washer under the Tire Info sticker, mounted to the swing arm casting,all about
.... is that a mistake or is it for a previous hidden caliper brake hose or additional mtg for the new fender?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
THeBull said:
so I cut it off flush at the top of the swing arm and welded a tab down the LH and RH side, drilled a hole thru the triangular support under the swing arm on each side and drilled a hole thru the welded tab and bolted it on. Then welded a support to the LH and RH side of the fender just above the swing arm to keep the fender from pushing into the tire when it compresses into the seat on hard bumps. Those supports are screwed directly into the top of the swing arm to help stabilize it left to right.
I believe that is one of the four bolts that bolts it to the swingarm

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
baclay9 said:
THeBull said:
so I cut it off flush at the top of the swing arm and welded a tab down the LH and RH side, drilled a hole thru the triangular support under the swing arm on each side and drilled a hole thru the welded tab and bolted it on. Then welded a support to the LH and RH side of the fender just above the swing arm to keep the fender from pushing into the tire when it compresses into the seat on hard bumps. Those supports are screwed directly into the top of the swing arm to help stabilize it left to right.

I believe that is one of the four bolts that bolts it to the swingarm
Now how did i miss that
...i guess i was to focused on his response to me .... you are exactly right .... at least i was on the correct path ...........Thank you Brandon

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes you are correct it is one of the four mounting bolts.

the rear light is a run/brake/turn light. I got it off ebay, custom made I think. It does not have a brand name. Sorry

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
different is good! nice work bro.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Awesome job!
Can you give us more info on the lighting?
Manufacturer?
Model?
How did you mount it on the fender? close up Pictures?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts