RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to throw an idea I had out for any others to use. I pulled the rear seat off a while ago and wasn't sure what to do about the holes. I didnt want to weld them closed incase I ever wanted to put the seat back on, and I dont like the look of just putting bolts back in to fill the hole. I found small plastic plugs at Home Depot in there misc hardware section and they fit in the hole perfect. When installed they are flush, a little blact paint to the head of the plug and a little RTV to hold them in and $1.16 later I have my fix.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I found some black plastic plugs at Ace Hardware that snap in with no adhesive. They fit flush and look great,

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
+1

Went to autozone and found some black tabs that push in. I can pull them out and reuse them when I put the passenger seat back on.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Nice solution! . . . I've never really been happy with the sight of the bolts.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I did the same thing with panel plugs I got from Autozone. They are glossy black and match the paint on the rear fender perfectly. It looks like it's sopposed to be that way.

The plugs are actually made by a company called "Dorman" The part number is 963-045 They are panel plugs for Chrysler, Ford, and GM's. The package contains 9 pieces. Once you install the four pieces you need into the rear fender, You'll have two spares. The other three plugs are different sizes for use on something else.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Do you guys put anything between the metal brackets for the seat and the paint when you have the seat on? I have my back seat on right now and was worried about scratchin the paint so I have small pieces of clear tape on the paint, then put the bracket on over the tape. Do you guys do anything like that?

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
dualxhst289 said:
Do you guys put anything between the metal brackets for the seat and the paint when you have the seat on? I have my back seat on right now and was worried about scratchin the paint so I have small pieces of clear tape on the paint, then put the bracket on over the tape. Do you guys do anything like that?

??? Mine came that way from the factory. Yours didn't?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
dualxhst289 said:

I just took off the rear seat brackets & noticed very minor paint damage under the bracket area right next to the holes.

I cleaned the area & put on a coat of paste wax for now but will put clear vinyl tape down before I put the brackets back on.

Mike

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
OldMan said:
dualxhst289 said:

??? Mine came that way from the factory. Yours didn't?

Im sorry, yes they did. But I just painted my bike and took them off during the prep. If you look at the pics at the top of the page, they dont have them either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts