RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not sure what the term is but I’ve seen several member warriors that has their rear fender hugging the rear tire. A mere 1/4” gap or less. Now I’ve installed an Eibach lowering spring with a higher spring rate. Add adjustable dog bones (lowering links) capable of a 4” drop and an upgraded shock, yet I’m lucky to go lower than 2”. Mainly because of bumps and bottoming the tire out on the rear fender. Are these lowered rear ends just for show or are they functional? If it is functional, how can I achieve a tire hugging rear fender? Now this is just a single rider bike that I have no intentions of putting a passenger on but I’d like too really sink that rear fender to adjust the sitting angle and to get its butt out of the air. Thank you in advance for any knowledge and input on the matter.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
To get the look you want, you have no choice but to go hard tail, which would involve a bit of fabrication. There is no way to have that small of a gap, and expect to have suspension travel. To get the tire that deep in the fender, most guys around here go air ride. They have it aired down when parked, and raise it back up when they ride.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the information. At least I now know it is just looks and not functionality unless I go hard tail which is not feasible for my back anymore unfortunately. I’ll check the height of my forks for max height. I keep trying to achieve a deep sit into the bike. The new Corbin stinger seat helps. When I had my rear fender off and just my bare stock seat pan covered with a small blanket and sitting on the frame, that was a superb seating preference. More of a feel of sitting in the bike instead of on top. A low deep rear and raised, stretched front end is the goal. Again thank you both for your info on this. It at least gives me in sight on what direction to go.

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
There have been a couple of members over the years that have mounted the Fender to the Swing Arm retaining the rear Warrior suspension and the look you discuss.

This entails modifications to the Fender, Seat mounting, Fender Stays, swing arm etcetera :)

·
Premium Member
7,644 Posts
I was just about to suggest what AlanH suggested. Most of the pictures you see with the fender slammed on the tire are parked bikes with air ride suspension with the suspension lowered for parking and show purposes only. Once the person starts to ride he raises the suspension. The other practical ways without having to change the frame and go hardtail are one eliminate the fender and have a small rear seat suport made up but this is not very practical in the rain or two to do like AlanH suggested and make a swingarm mounted fender so that the fender moves with the tire. Also if you go with a swingarm mounted fender you also have to consider how to mount the rear of your seat. You will need some kind of support for teh seat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think mounting the rear fender to the swing arm may be the best option. Something I will have to tinker with as I don’t want to straight weld it to the swing arm. I’ll have to figure up a back plate for the seat that can also be a brake light mount. By taking this approach, I’ll be able to lower the bike more without the tire grind. Definitely great ideas for me to think about and tinker with. Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
7,644 Posts
I did one for a guy and make brackets that attached the fender to the swingarm using the belt guard brackets as well as the brake mounting bracket on the other side. I also made a bracket to hold the rear of teh seat in place with a fiberglass inset containing LEDS for teh tail light and flashers. i also made covers for the frame where the struts attached. here are a few pictures that may help you with inspiriation and give ideas how to do it

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts