RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, is there a trick to getting this rear hub bearing out? I don't wanna damage the hub trying to get it out. I already damages the bearing itself. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually nix that! I finally found an old post that pointed me in the right direction!

·
Premium Member
7,758 Posts
like suggested in the thread you mentioned, a blind bearing puller is well worth the investment

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up using a 3/4 SAE socket and extension, and it came right out. Plus I heated the surrounding aluminum with a torch which also seemed to help.

·
Premium Member
7,758 Posts
Another trick is tp put the new bearings in the freezer overnight. The cold contracts the metal and makes it a bit easier to put the new ones in place. take them out of the freezer just when you are ready to install.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another trick is tp put the new bearings in the freezer overnight. The cold contracts the metal and makes it a bit easier to put the new ones in place. take them out of the freezer just when you are ready to install.
LOL This is exactly what went through my head when I was taking these out!! "Whats the easiest way to put the new ones in? Heat the aluminum and cool the bearing!" I think just cooling the bearing though would suffice if I just leave the wheels and hub set in the sun for a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts