RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed 4 more mods to the beast and thought I would share some pics.

I first put the bike on the lift to fabricate some new exhaust tips for the Samsons I recently fitted (thanks Time). Mendrel bends $15 each. Chrome $25 each.

Then thought I might as well send the rear fender struts off to the chromer at the same time. Both struts stripped, polished and chromed $160.

So while the rear fender was on the work bench I thought I would remove the rear wheel to check for any rubbing and general clearence for the 240. This made me think about the hidden rear caliper mod I've been wanting to do for so long. Cut and weld caliper bracket $0. Paint $10. All other standard hoses and fittings were re-used.

Ended up relocating the Brake fluid under the seat and cutting tabs off the frame. Cost $0. All standard hoses and fittings were re-used.

While these mods may only be noticed by other Warrior owners, the rear of the bike looks much cleaner and for $250 (au.) it's money well spent.

You've got to love those free mods.

·
Registered
338 Posts
very nicely done. I just did the same thing with the hidden caliper and resovior relocate. What did you cut the 2 tabs off the frame with, mine are sticking out like a sore thumb. Looks good Oz

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bearwarrior said:
very nicely done. I just did the same thing with the hidden caliper and resovior relocate. What did you cut the 2 tabs off the frame with, mine are sticking out like a sore thumb. Looks good Oz

Thanks for the all the positiveresponses

I just used a 4 inchgrinder to cut the majority of the tab off, then a sandpaper disk, then sand paper. If you're carefull (no slips or extra scratches) you will be able to mask all areas but the slim strip where the tabs were. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Those exhaust tips are hot! They totally change the look of the Sampsons. Nice job. The details are what makes it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nice!!!
I want to do the Hidden Caliper and Tab removal myself... Those are my next projects after the V-Bak.
Is that a Vmax in pic 1 behind that glass door? Man, you own 2 of the nicest bikes out there!.
Congrats/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awesome! The tips on the Samsons are genious! They really set off those pipes and make them look completely custom. The work on the caliper is also very impressive. Great job!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Nice work. I am jealous of you being able to do the rear caliper bracket mod on your own. I would love to do that but don't have a welder or felder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts