RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that yamaha offers a passenger peg relocation kit, has anyone tried it? I also have read that many owners have "flipped" the rear pegs a or bracket, is that as easy as it sounds or is there additional equipment needed? Id appreciate any help, Im a recent purchaser and I love my bike but Im already getting complaints about the rear seat/pegs comfort.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
The Yamaha relocate set is out of stock until August. Search the other threads for info on the flip and grind and other options. Sounds like you'll be going to Corbin as well!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
See this link.http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6623 I used a grinder at work. Take 'em off and turn upside down and you will see why. You might get away using 10mm flat washers to space them out. Longer bolts are hard to find though.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
seiler -
nothing against the "flip and grind" or "grind and flip" or "grind and bitch"..or any others. You bought a killer bike - spend a little extra and put something on that looks like it belongs (sorry guys, NO offense to anyone else who did their own - I didn't have the talent).
I spent less than $100 and got a killer rear peg setup and after several thousand miles, have had no complaints - and actually, this past Friday, my wife actually stepped up to the plate at a bar we were at and started telling this little hottie of a bartender how nice I was for putting a different seat on the bike and changing out her pegs. See, the girl was talking about her boyfriends FatBoy, but complained because she couldn't ride for any more than 20 minutes.....so my wife told her how great I was and how great the peg mod was. Did I leave out that the bartenders boyfriend had tried to convinve her that there was nothing he could do about her riding discomfort. I looked like a hero, and that HD driving yahoo had some explaining to do.

Anyway, one option is the Kuryakyn Longhorn Offsets and a nice set of pegs - check my gallery. Small investment, no more than an hour of time (including drilling the holes) and your off to the races. Moves the pegs forward about 3-4 inches and down 4inches or so. Beauty of it is, you aren't locked to that position. They rotate 360degrees, so you can set your own comfort spot for your significant other.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
A better option, IMNSHO, is to remove the rear pegs. No pegs, no passenger. No passenger, more fun to ride!![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Excellent BartenderSammy. Specially the combo of rear pegs with solo seat. I was like that too.
Bartender put a screws on the empty hole, for the looks (maybe chrome). I have that solo seat. Tell the people what a big difference it's from stock.
My only concern about the topic to seiler054 is that the arrangement of Sammy do not work with the stock pipe. There is no room for it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Penzoil, very correct. Does NOT work with the stock pipe setup unless you place the offsets directly forward and use the stock holes (drilled out a little larger) to mount.

·
Registered
568 Posts
seiler,
Complaints about the seat/pegs can be solved by purchasing a Corbin Duel Touring seat. It will give passenger more than a tampax size brick to sit on that will move her further up/back and will make the pegs more bearable. You can then do the passenger peg flip or wait for Yamaha to release their passenger peg relocation kit. If you do this in two steps then you'll be doing her two big favors. Expect two big rewards. She doesn't have to know that you did it to allow yourself to be able to ride your bike all day without major butt bustin. Aside from comfort the Corbin seat moves you up about an inch and forward about two inches makeing the stock bars useable.

·
Registered
585 Posts
All good points!!! I'm going through a trial and error period myself and let me tell you that the Corbin Dual Tourer w/ back rest makes a world of diffence in passenger and driver comfort. I wasn't a total believer until a few days back when my new seat arrived and I took my 9 yr. old for a ride. He's normally like a koala clinging to me, but with the new seat I barely new he was there AND he said that he felt much better/safer.

My next step is to follow Sammy's lead with the long horns...still working on getting the Mrs. on the bike.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I was hoping to not spend the money on the corbin, but it really sounds like it will make for a better road bike. As is, I get multiple body parts falling asleep after about 20 minutes on the road. Anybody know of a good throttle lock for the warrior (that looks decent)?

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
By the way, I ordered the rear peg relocator from Yamaha back in March or April...still on backorder. I see the '04 model has them moved.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I MADE MY OWN . THE STOCK LOCATION WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND I MOVED MY PASSENGER PEGS FORWARD AND DOWN . NOW MY RIDER IS HAPPY. I STILL HAVE THE TEMPLATE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
gkeen, using all caps in considered yelling. Please use them accordingly. Read forum rules, only takes but a minute.http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/rules.asp

BTW, welcome to the forum. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Bartender, great setup. I have been thinking of changing the rear pegs. My daughter is gonna be 13 next month and growing like a weed. She may not fit the stock pegs come spring.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
The flip and grind is real easy.

Take off the mounts and have an auto repair shop or Yami shop and have them CUT the left side piece about an 1/8" next to the peg bracket. Paint it flat black.

right side and cut the wire heal rest and grind it smooth. Paint it Black.

Get about 14 to 16 10mm washer for spacers and paint them black.

2 bolts from your pegs WILL work when replacing, the other 2 won't. I had left over bolts from when I changed my exhaust out. If you don't have left overs, find some at a hardware store (not a home improvement store) OSH if you have one. The pitch of the bolts threads are 1.25 NOT 1.50.

The peg mounts will go on upside down and on the opposite side.

Replace the actual pegs (could be challenging little bastards).

Buy Corbin Dual Tour w/ backrest and get nookie for life!

Difficulty = 3 (1-10)
Time = half hour to an hour (after bracket is cut)
Money Spent = $3 + $500-$700 for Corbin

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchased Yamaha reloc kit and it was awful. The parts were really heavy, did not match the finish of the bike at all and I returned them right away!! I then did the flip and grind with the help and encouragement from AMOSPRO on this site and it looks great!!! lesson to be learnt when you need a modification and plan to try it yourself, it's not just a way of saving money, but sometimes a way of getting a much better result..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am working on the flip and grind using the relocation kit (and wider passenger pegs): the parts are out getting powdercoated right now, but some pics are posted:
http://www.rswarrior.com/members/memberdetails.asp?handle=klong

KevinL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts