RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well while i had my rear wheel off and i was about to take the pulley off i decided to do the 3 spoke pulley mod. whether i did it right or not i think it turned out ok. i used my worx sawzall which by the way has anyone else had any luck with this brand? then i used my dremel and a s^%t load of sand paper trying to get it ready to polish. i ended up painting it back to black which i kind of like the contrast with the rims.
" mce_src="" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know i wish i had it on the bike tonight but i have to wait till i get my new avon since the one on it is on cords. i ve also been trying to figure out if i can take it to a machine shop and have the pulley itself balanced

·
Administrator
5,930 Posts
What about the strength and durability of the pully after that much support is cut away.I've always wanted to do that mod.Have you heard anybody say anything negative about it,as far as the durability.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know vector did it and i dont think he has had any problems? as well as a guy that rides 2 up all the time and pulls a trailer. my ol' lady has a masters in physics and she did a formula somehow and said that the strengh is only reduced my alittle. there are alot of posts on it by people alot smarter than me that defend it. i figure the tire would spend far before the pulley would ever snap. others can chime in if i am wrong.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Way to go Fort Dodge. Thats what Im talkin about! My eye was drawn to the white lettering on the belt. You need to get the sharpy out. Once you black out the belt youcanroll it out of the garage.
With nice wheels like you have, the mod was a necessity. The pulley looks great; the wheels can be better appreciated now.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
So, how are the mods going fd?

Are you thinking you might get around to sendingyour stock caliperbracket and $$ any time soon? Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you would send my hidden bracket back to me....

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Rubberface49 said:
What is your response fdwarrior
I think three months is enough time to wait for a brother to come through....fdwarrior is a douche. If any of you guys have any dealings with him, make him hand over his stuff and/or $ before you send him anything. He had enough time to install my bracket to his bike, take pictures, and post them on the site...but he didn't have time to respond to my pm's or email.

·
Registered
231 Posts
ridingrules: I suggest you post some feedback on him in the classifieds section. There's no excuse for this.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
ridingrules said:

Are you thinking you might get around to sendingyour stock caliperbracket and $$ any time soon? Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you would send my hidden bracket back to me....

I'm assuming this means you've done this mod successfully. Did you do it yourself or have someone do it for you? If I send you a stock caliper, could youcut and weldit for me? I'll pay you for your time up front.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
ridingrules said:

I didn't see this when it was originally posted. Dang! Stiffed by an Army guy - who'da thunk?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Keeps visiting but no post since ripping off a member...

Redeem yourself FDWARRIOR

Last visited:
Thu, Dec 11 2008

Timezone:
0 GMT

army

Interests:
hunting,riding,atv,

Birthday:

Sat, Aug 28 1982
(26 years old)

Total Posts:

Post Rank:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Donncada said:
Keeps visiting but no post since ripping off a member...

Redeem yourself FDWARRIOR

Last visited:
Thu, Dec 11 2008

Timezone:
0 GMT

army

Interests:
hunting,riding,atv,

Birthday:

Sat, Aug 28 1982
(26 years old)

Total Posts:

Post Rank:

He sounds like a cowardly POS to me. He is yellow and has no spine. It is a shame that my tax dollars are paying this wimps salary. Send the bracket back to Ridingrules,jarhead! Man up!

·
Registered
474 Posts
He is more then that. I spoke to the chicken sh!t two weeks ago Said that "Matt" was "out" and didn't know where he is, he may have gone back over toIraq. It was him that I was talking to. I ask the guy where the bike was so I could get the bracket back or the money. I spoke to a friend at the D.A.'s office here and will start the ball rolling if I want. BUT the coward is hiding behind the gate's atFort Dodge. I have been calling two to four times a day for over two months. He had his fax on for two weeks. Was about to start sending him fax's about sending the money. I give him a paypal address two months ago and he said that he would send the money the next day. The bracket cost me alot of money when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. It was one of the first ones done back then. He has stopped ridingrules from riding for I don't know how long. Sad that he is in the army andscrewing people around like this.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts