RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a few options out there for relocation the rear brake resevoir but if anyone is thinking about doing some customizing and want to hide your stock res. let me know and I can post some close pics of what I did and possibly make a template of the bracket I made.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Marc, I'm glad to see you started this thread. I just looked at your bike after reading your post on the PCS lowering kit. I was going to start a thread on your bike, you saved me the trouble. First, yes, I'd like to know where and how you hid the rear res. Next, does you bike have a brake light? Rear turn sigs? You're making your own pipes? WTFO? Do you own a shop or what? How do you stay on that seat when you open up the throttle? Awesome bike Marc, awesome!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...all kinds of ?'s[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] First off with the rear res.....I will take some close up pics to show you the bracket I made to relocate it.Its actually behind the frame under the swingarm.I made a bracket out of sheet metal and cut the hose to shorten it.It is a little tricky to get at but nothing severe...plus after you fill it and bleed it...its not too often you have to mess with it.I can either post the close up photos of it or e-mail them to you with a blue print of my bracket.If I get enough interest from other members I can just post it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the rest of your questions.....I dont have my own shop....yet.I did this whole project out of my garage including the paint.It wasnt the best environment for it so it took a little longer and a little more work to get it perfect.My tank extension was a thin piece of sheet metal that I got from a local steel yard that I bent by hand...rounded the edges with a dremmel and bonded to the tank(after stripping all of the paint off of course)with automotive adhesive(most body work is done this way now..they have adhesives that will bond almost any 2 materials permanently now)then I used body filler and sanded til smooth...also had to use the dremmel with sanding wheel to get perfect for custom seat to fit into perfectly.My bike does have a rear taillight and brake light(its LED strips above and below the sidemount license plate)My turnsignals are at the end of my dragbars..(they shine front and rear as well)The seat has just enough cradle to keep me on it now but once I finish with the motor work I may put a little more lip on it[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]As far as the pipes I actually made them first using some 2 inch pipe I bought(different bends)and cut different pieces and welded together to the shape I wanted....Only problem is that they looked great but the back pipe stuck out just enough that my leg would be against it all of the time.No good! I go for both looks and function because I ride a lot!So my next step is to get over to my friends shop(he has a pipe bender) and I'm going to remake the back pipe.I want to black the pipes out with small chrome heat shields(kind of like Paul Yaffe's crack pipes...only different[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif])Back to the shop deal.....this was my first project and am in the midst of moving....I'm going to try to get set up with some equipment next winter and try doing more custom stuff for yamahas....I already have another project in mind....only the next one I want to completely build myself(frame and all)(except motor of course)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hey, I would love to see the specs on the res bracket! I've got the barons one and it just draws too much attention. Please post blueprints (I would imagine a 60/61 aluminum bracket?) or PM me. I hope I can build it without welding, not quite to that level yet.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is no welding required...its a pretty simple design.I also got the barons reservoir....waste of money...never even used it,for the same reason you said...it draws too much attention to it.I probably wouldnt have ordered it had I see a pic of it first.O well...maybe I'll get to use it on a future project...unless someone else wants it?

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
No shop yet? Moving? Single, no ties. you need to move to Alaska. I have a 28x40 shop out back. rearrange some toys and it should do till you can get your own![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing your projects develop!! Feel free to email the pics/blueprint, but I'm sure there's lots of interest out there.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
MSM, I don't mean to change the subject, but where did you get the bar end turn sigs? I am looking for some, can only find them over sea's.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Even further off the subject, is your bike lowered? can you lower it with the fender mod? can you lower it with the res. relocate? It looks stock height but the loss of volume in the fender could be fooling me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
msm698, your bike looks great, I was thinking of doing the Barons brake res relocate, why didn't you like it? What do you guys mean "it draws too much attention", where does it get located?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
skigs, it is a triangular peice of flat blck aluminum that hangs off the frame above the singarm. It is about 4in. by 3in. and does the job but just kinda looks like a big ole after thought.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Yep, It is there and you can see it. One of those things that you either want to hide or dress up. Not much inbetween. I chose to dress mine up a bit and made my own. I may Hide it later, if MSM ever posts his instructions!! LOL!!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Hey redbull!! Have you try to take off that ugly dust seal from the rear rim? It will look mor sport without it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
MSM, phat bike!!!! My head is swimming with all these mods flying around!!! How loud are those pipes? I can't decide if I'd want to replace with something a little more slimmer or not. It sets the Warrior apart from all the other cruisers, but it is a little tough on the eyes.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for not getting on sooner guys....I had a long day and just got home(11:00 est)I will definately try to get the pics for tomorrow night to show you all how I relocated the rear res.Thanks to all for the remarks on my bike!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To reply to DTM's ?'s...my bike is not lowered although the overall look is much lower in the rear.Everything I did would still allow me to lower it but I tried to get the look without changing the handling or clearance of the bike.I like to ride a lot and sometimes fairly hard...all of my mods allow me to ride the bike very aggressively and still have it handle as good as before.That was very important to me from the start.I may still get a lowering kit just for certain bike shows that I may go to in the future.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts