RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well here is 1 of the pics of my rear res. relocation that I promised.I just worked it out on paper and made a template then got myself some sheet metal and cut it out with a dremmel tool,bent it into shape,rounded off the edges with a sanding wheel on the dremmel and painted it.Its mounted through the existing hole where your rear brakeline holder is originally.I will eventually draw out another template and scan it so everyone can see the exact shape of the bracket(possibly this weekend when I get a little more free time).If you have a dremmel and a vice so that you can bend the sheet metal you can do it.Its pretty basic and it keeps it unnoticed from just looking at the bike.Dont mind the dirt here...I just took a quick pic as soon as I rode home,before I cleaned the bike(roads are a little dirty after all of the rain.If anyone has any more ?'s before I post the template...feel free to ask...even though I've been very busy lately I still try to get on this site for at least a few minutes every night.Thanks again!Actually its apparently not as quick as I thought to insert the image here so I'll add it to my gallery....sorry about that!

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Looks like you're a little low on fluid. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
I like it! Below the swing arm, but above the frame. Lower than the caliper but still higher than the master cylinder. Very nice. Any chance of rocks getting to it from the front? Don't guess it would be too hard to put a shield infront of it. Very very nice!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Yeah I feel you with the handling on a lowered bike I did the barons lowering bracket and the bike looks great but I cant take turns nearly as hard as I used to. Now When I get into a hard lean the end of my exhaust drag before the foot peg. I stand at 5'8" so the lower was mainly to get faster starts off the light. Now I can set my feet flat, it helps alot. Thanks for the pic.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Here's a thought for you. You could clean up the handle bar a bit by getting rid of the front master cylinder. Use a standard cable brake set up to actuate an additional rear cylinder plumbed to the front. Haven't really thought this out yet, don't know if there's room for the cylinder down there any where, but it sounds like it would work. Hmmmm, gonna have to take a look see.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check out the last pic in my gallery. It was fast easy and free. I Have it secured with a small bracket I made. My buddy just has his tied on with a zip-lok wire tie. It works great. A few others I have seen remove the res al together. The hose is long enough you can get awy with out any at all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check out the last pic in my gallery. It was fast easy and free. I Have it secured with a small bracket I made. My buddy just has his tied on with a zip-lok wire tie. It works great. A few others I have seen remove the res al together. The hose is long enough you can get awy with out any at all.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I just bought a smaller Reservoir that would fit under seat and routed a new brake line hose up to it. I walked around the bike shop and just looked at what other bikes had, chose one off a Kawasaki dirt bike with a bottom nipple for hose Connection . PizzaCake baby

21 - 28 of 28 Posts