RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the typical tire wear on a Metzler 210 after 4902 miles and no burnouts [?] Stock rear Battlax lasted 8700 milesThere is no visible contact with any inner fender parts or bottoming out [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]
[]

[]

·
Registered
295 Posts
That is normal for that wide tire on the factory narrow rim. It makes the tire more round then it should be.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Your photo shows you are WAY OVER the wear bar (obviously) and the tire looks over-inflated. How many pounds you running in it?

Also, I have about 4K on my Metz 210 now and I an still not quite at the wear bar. You guys must drive the everloving crap out of yours to get so few miles out of them.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
2500 I got only 2000 from mine.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]quote:Originally posted by ehacker01

4900 miles? I only got 2500 out of mine.

·
Premium Member
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use a digital tire gauge religiously for my pre-ride inspection and run 38~40 psi cold on the rear.Regarding the wear bars....WHAT WEAR BARS [?]....there aren't any that i ever recognized and BTW the cords just appeared the last 90 miles of use [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]Regarding my driving behaviors....no different than the original tire [V]quote:Originally posted by JimB

Your photo shows you are WAY OVER the wear bar (obviously) and the tire looks over-inflated. How many pounds you running in it?

Also, I have about 4K on my Metz 210 now and I an still not quite at the wear bar. You guys must drive the everloving crap out of yours to get so few miles out of them.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Alan - There are wear bars on the Metz, my friend. If I had my camera here I'd snap you a picture and show you, but it's at the office.
They're located right in the middle of the tire... or were, in your case. I didn't know the tire had wear bars either until a few weeks ago when a BMW mechanic I was talking to showed them to me. I thought I was doing real good tread-wise until he showed me I was about 1.5 mm's from hitting the wear bar. Most guys in here will tell you 5,000 on a Metz is great (you have 4900). I personally think this tire is good until 4500 (my riding style) when one should shop around for a replacement. I know I am. I'm going back to a Michelin 200 which lasted me 6,000 as soon as I can find the best deal on one via the Internet. That tire should cost around $155-160, and I've seen them as high as $220.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I found the 210 to be very inconsistant for wear. The tire pictured above was ridden mostly two up riding (300lbs total weight) and alot of highway riding and a few hard pases on the dragon two up (see my gallery).

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've got to echo Gunny regarding the inconsistant wear of this tear. The first one I had looked like the pic Gunny just posted at 1500 miles. The one I have on now has 4000 miles and no cords yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts