RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have just removed the rear wheel to take with me for wheel widening by Kosman. I have removed everything except the hub cuz I'm not sure how. Am I supposed to pry something off, screw something off or what. Any help appreaciated.

Xander

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=61829278522

Finishing up the rear tire. It's up against a wall I know but the rear was low on pressure and the front was too hard, causing ti to skid along.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Leave the rear sprocket (pulley) bolted on the hub. Lay rim on its side and tug evenly on the sprocket. The hub is pressed fit into place. Do not use a screw driver or any other prying tool unless it is softer then the hub and or rim.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
DarkStar said:
Leave the rear sprocket (pulley) bolted on the hub. Lay rim on its side and tug evenly on the sprocket. The hub is pressed fit into place. Do not use a screw driver or any other prying tool unless it is softer then the hub and or rim.
+1

Just pull up from side to side on the pulley. Its all pressed togetherwith the rubber cush drive inserts. My pulley came right off this way on an 02.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I removed the hub with balances and I'm at the rubber seal at both ends. I have failed to find a way to dismantle the bearings and such. I don't know if I should remove the seals with a flat screw driver, or press the whole thing out or what. Appreciate the help. First time going this deep.

Xander

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
MD-82 said:
OK, I removed the hub with balances and I'm at the rubber seal at both ends. I have failed to find a way to dismantle the bearings and such. I don't know if I should remove the seals with a flat screw driver, or press the whole thing out or what. Appreciate the help. First time going this deep.

Xander

You need a blind bearing puller or take it to your dealer and have them dismantle all the internal bearings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts