RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So the last dealership I went to told me that the recalls all were complete on my 2002 warrior. I recently moved back to Sacramento area and a friend works at the yamaha dealership looked at my V/N Plate noticed that the punch for the transmission recall was not done.

...the game is on!!!!

so I need some advice on everything that I can do in this recall piston. I figured the Roadie 5th gear was obvious, but give me ideas on what i should mod while i can have this done.

let me know.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hate to bust your bubble, but not all tranny recalls got a stamp by the vin plate. Many dealerships didn't stamp them. It is best to call Yamaha and have them run the vin number in their system to tell you what has and hasn't been done. Maybe the dealership that told you that all recalls were done did that.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
here you go
(pistons or big bore you pay for bore) you buy pistons)
cams
pushrods
head porting (you pay for the porting) but heads are off)
valve springs
rods(you buy the rods)
roady 5th gears as you said
barnett clutch conversion ( you buy )
vbak (you buy)
pc 3, 5 or ??? (you buy)
coil relocation plate ( you buy) might have to pay a little
exhaust changer to whatever you like ( you buy )

most all of the above you buy it they install it as they have to reassemble something and a part is a part. btk572

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, I'd call Yamaha consumer relations line and find out for sure. The dealer isn't going to do the work without checking that system. I think it would be pretty unlikely the sensor recalls would've been done without the tranny. Crossing my fingers for you though...

Star Motorcycles Contact Us
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630
Customer Relations: (800) 656-7695
Ask to inquire about recall status.

It'll only take a minute, give them your VIN and they'll tell you the situation.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill have to double check with the dealer one more time. I just gave my V/N number to run them.

for what I have done on the bike thus far

PCIII usb is installed with a tune I got off the forum
bub jug huggers( not sure on the baffle)
built my own coil relocation plate
AIS block off
and VBAk
and i think thats about it.

I'd like to know what performance difference are between the big bore 108/110
and just doing HC pistons.

next is cams. I really haven't been able to find much information on cams. I ride my warrior daily so if a high-performance cam is going to take away from its drivability, I wouldn't really want it but if its manageable I'd love to.

adjustable push rods and and valve springs seem to be a must.

Heads I think is gonna push me out of the budget. I don't think that there gonna make it to this round of mods. since its not all that hard to remove them. I would rather focus on the bottom end.

would love advice

thanks fellas,

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haven't posted for years but recall I put in HC pistons with the fifth gear, Dyna coils with Taylor wires. Importantly, I had the combustion chambers, exhaust ports, piston crowns and valve heads thermal barrier coated. After thousands of miles, some in 100+ degrees and all using California 87 octane, the bike has never pinged, ever. I've read here that some folks have to double up on gaskets to reduce compression to stop pinging. Huh, that defeats the purpose of the pistons. With a Jardine slipon and Churchkey's BAK, it runs strong.

My join date is around 2004 and the Warrior has sat with incurable electrical problems (code 19) for nine years. Thinking about having a go at getting her running again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haven't posted for years but recall I put in HC pistons with the fifth gear, Dyna coils with Taylor wires. Importantly, I had the combustion chambers, exhaust ports, piston crowns and valve heads thermal barrier coated. After thousands of miles, some in 100+ degrees and all using California 87 octane, the bike has never pinged, ever. I've read here that some folks have to double up on gaskets to reduce compression to stop pinging. Huh, that defeats the purpose of the pistons. With a Jardine slipon and Churchkey's BAK, it runs strong.

My join date is around 2004 and the Warrior has sat with incurable electrical problems (code 19) for nine years. Thinking about having a go at getting her running again.
I've heard that the thermal barrier is a really good thing to have done, from quite a few folks. was that something you where able to do at the dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've heard that the thermal barrier is a really good thing to have done, from quite a few folks. was that something you where able to do at the dealer?
The dealer disassembled the heads and I sent them to performancecoatings.com. along with the new H/C pistons. Upon reassembly the dealer sightly lapped the valve faces to the heads.The coils and wires are a must with the H/C pistons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts