RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got my 02 warrior back yesterday with just the HC pistons installed, first off is I dont want to scare you guys but my experience is not a good one at all, and hopefully you guys can look for these things that are pissing me off right now ,secound is that this dealer did a 98% great job on my wifes roadie for her recall but I guess my warrior is a different story. First when i picked up my bike I didnt plane on riding this one home for the 125 mile trip, so I loaded it up onto my new nissian titan because the very thing I had bad feeling's about came true? When i got there the mechanic said I had a ticking noise which he said was caused by my fuel injectors, true you can hear them but slightly, so I went out to look at the bike and I started it, even my wife said she never heard the noise before. I put my ear to the front cylinder and I told the service manager its not the injectors you hear its the front plug,(one of them), missing, well the center plug wire was not even on the spark plug! its was next to it!!and they rode this bike for 25 miles like that! So in the parking lot I removed my tank and of course they had my K&N filters not adjusted right on the PR velosity stacks, (which I knew they would screw up also), so I corrected that, then i noticed all the wires had no tie wraps around them to hold the harness on the frame, so he got me new ones and I fixed that, then I seen a stack of wires on top of my ECU where they should have all been buried under the ECU cover, so I also fixed that, then I was 3/4 of quart of oil low, so I topped off that, I was also low on the gear case oil, YES I topped that off too.So last night I spent 3 hours cleaning the bike and inspecting it, then this morning another hour cleaning and then out for a ride with my wife,The only good thing so far is better throttle responce and seems to rev quicker, I defenitly improved my 60mph top gear rollons for sure and it does have more HP and TQ, (im running, PC3, propipe with mod stock baffle, PR air kit, ais removed, HC pistons).after a 120 mile ride on and off today, I noticed oil film coming from the front valve cover and also from the front bottom push rod housing?,I also got a weird noise that just started tonight to that i cant pinpoint, sounds like a air leak, and my rpm's when I slightly blip the throttle the engine revs up about 300 rpm's more then back down to idle again, tommorow ill do more inspecting, but happy I AM NOT! PLEASE CHECK OUT YOUR BIKES VERY CAREFULLY when you get them back.Sorry for scaring you guys, but I thought since my wifes bike came out good so would mine, NOT!!What really , really sucks is that I had 24,000 miles on this bike before the recall and not one problem and not one oil leak, yes im PISSED, because now my bike is acting like a hardley.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Well, that sucks. On a lighter note, don't you just love that Titan? I bought mine lasst weekend and have had a stiffy over it ever since.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Just confirms what I have been saying, just because it runs good out of the shop don't mean squat. 24,000 trouble-free miles and now this? Sh*t yes, I'd be pissed too.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
RD, never tip the techs up front with a case of Jack Daniels....

Sorry to hear about oyur problems, if they are worth their salt they'll take care of you.

I agree the Titan is a sweet truck good luch with her too.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I love the TITAN, getting the same stiff shoulder from the hemi boys now like iI get from the hardley boys. Ordered a big air kit and some cat back exhaust for it already.Cant complane about the gas mileage, I get better mileage than I got with my 04 frontier crew cab with the 3.3 six cylinder on the high way, so far the best was going 75 to 80mph (all highway) with the air on and the little lady in the passenger seat and the warrior on the bed was 19.2 mpg, I also for now got the K&N filter in the stock box untill the BAK gets here? Guess the K&N helped the fuel mileage a little? Enjoy it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yep RD - that sucks man.... Mine goes in a week from Wednesday - getting the Orient HC's in as well..... I haven't had any issue with my dealer yet so, I'm keeping my fingers crossed - thanks for the heads up though and, hope you get it all straightened out without too much hassle...

·
Registered
639 Posts
RDWARRIOR, man, I know you must be ticked! Of course, you will go back to the dealer and insist they make it right. If you have a digital camera, take many detailed photographs in the company of disinterested witnesses who would be willing to testify to your actions (taking pics, time, date, etc.) in court. Those may come in handy.

I'm telling you guys, we may hate the idea of suing somebody, but unless you have some employees named Rocky and Guido and you are a Wiseguy, that's probably the best move if someone will not do what is right.

RD, I don't think your situation will come to that, but you never know. So be prepared.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the support guys, im looking the bike over again today, one thing for sure is at least all you guys will enjoy the HC piston up grade for sure, warrior's ahould have came from the factory with them in the first place,after I get the bike worked out ill get it dynoed before the really hot humid weather gets here, today was in the 80's and the humidity is starting to rise.HEY ROB!, I really traded in the 04 frontier crew cab in because of two things, I screwed up getting the short cab (thought one of the bikes would fit with the tail gate down, not!), and I was unhappy with the gas mileage on the highway, around town wasnt bad ,but it wasnt a highway truck, the frontier was reving 3,000 rpm at 80mph, the TITAN does 2,000 rpm at 80, big difference, and the passing power is awsome for a big truck.the payments of course ar a little more, but worth it.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
What a hassle for you RD. Man, 125 miles to and from your dealer. Have them make the journey back and forth and back to get your bike right.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The Titan is a pretty impressive truck...the Frontier has something about it, I am just not psyched on. The new F150 is pretty good looking too. I think my next 4 wheeler might be the new Magnum from Dodge for the wife and kids...the Hemi will of course be to make sure it merges on the highway safely. Gotta love a 325hp/390ft/lb wagon...for $30K no less.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Thanks for the head's up. The truth is you should go over your bike every time it leaves your sight at a dealership.
Test drove the Titan twice, that is a sweet engine and transmission. Ended up with a Toyota Tundra 4 door limited. The wife liked it better and I liked the interior. But that Titan is definitly a sweet truck. It's got a lot of great features.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about your situation. I hope both myself and others have a better experience. What was there reaction to this stuff?

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Bright side I rode mine for 10 miles once with one plug unhocked. Didn't understand why she was running like crap look down and there is plug wire laying next to me. The shock I got was worth not letting that happen again.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a update on one of the problems, it was the one when I would blip my throttle very little and the rpm's would raise 300 rpm and stay there for a secound and then settle down to a idle again. Well the problem seemed to be a lean off idle or low speed condition, I bumped up the PC3 two bars on the low side only and the problem went away. Seems the HC pistons might be sucking in more fuel quicker or something like that just off idle. So that is one problem solved. Next ill be keeping an eye out for the two oil leaks I have, but the bike sure runs stronger, you guys are going to love the HC piston upgrade, 50mph rollons a really strong in 5th gear.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
At least they put the drain plug back in, right? I've done no worse on my own bike, usually tie things up nicely after a test ride though, but hey you changed everything around under there so it's no suprise to me. Aside from the plug, sounds like nothing out of the ususal to me. That's why we go over our rides after service work is done. You will notice a weep from the pushrod tubes and rocker covers for a short while until everything burns off. Mine did this after the SS work for a few rides then it stopped.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts