RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm working on rounding up the parts to do a piston, and cams upgrade and since i was going to have things apart i was gonna do the recall on my pick up coil. Well i have looked at the recall thread and i don't have any of the punch marks on my vin but from the looks of it i have the white done on the grommet what do you guys think does it look right???

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looks like it. Dealers don't always remember to do the punch marks. To know for sure call this number and give them your VIN. It's in Yamaha's best interests to have good records so they don't pay dealers twice for the same recall.

Star Motorcycles Contact Us
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630
Customer Relations: (800) 656-7695
Ask to inquire about recall status.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it. Dealers don't always remember to do the punch marks. To know for sure call this number and give them you're VIN. It's in Yamaha's best interests to have good records so they don't pay dealers twice for the same recall.

10-4. I'll give them a shout and see what I can come up with. Thanks!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
27,731 Posts
Right on the mark great advice funkyT :)

Looks like it. Dealers don't always remember to do the punch marks. To know for sure call this number and give them your VIN. It's in Yamaha's best interests to have good records so they don't pay dealers twice for the same recall.

·
Administrator
27,731 Posts
While at it anyway you might visually follow the wires from the grommet-with-the-white-dot and follow on 'up' toward under the seat and see if there is a splice or if the wires are un-cut. A few nut-job dealers cut the wires to save dis-assembly time which caused some to have troubles with stalling at the worst possible moment. A couple years ago I bought a few boxes of Warrior parts off a crashed bike, and going thru it I found that same wire spliced (I posted a pic here someplace). The bike had stalled and was then hit from behind, and I still think that bike was in that unhappy camp of unfortunates who had nut-job dealers do their recall work. When a splice is found, Yamaha has in the past made the dealer make it right. Hopefully yours is un-cut :)

10-4. I'll give them a shout and see what I can come up with. Thanks!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While at it anyway you might visually follow the wires from the grommet-with-the-white-dot and follow on 'up' toward under the seat and see if there is a splice or if the wires are un-cut. A few nut-job dealers cut the wires to save dis-assembly time which caused some to have troubles with stalling at the worst possible moment. A couple years ago I bought a few boxes of Warrior parts off a crashed bike, and going thru it I found that same wire spliced (I posted a pic here someplace). The bike had stalled and was then hit from behind, and I still think that bike was in that unhappy camp of unfortunates who had nut-job dealers do their recall work. When a splice is found, Yamaha has in the past made the dealer make it right. Hopefully yours is un-cut :)
I will check that!! is it easy to follow if i have the seat off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts