RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to a salesman that had 3 '02 warriors for sale and all of them had the recall done and stamped. This is not a yamaha dealer, so I asked him who did the recall and he said the local dealer in town. I know these bike have been forsale for a couple of weeks now. Is this guy serious or is he pulling me around? Just from looking on the fourms it looks like noneone on here has even had it done or the parts came in. And how does this guy have THREE of them done already??????

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
hmm... not sure. there are people gettign calls to come in for recal work now, maybe he got some early somehow? either that or he has a center punch, no morals, and a big desire to sell.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Once VIN's are published via the NHTSA, aren't the recalls required to be documented somehow? If documented without being 'corrected', and the bike broke (injuring someone or something in the process) as a result, would that be worth selling the bike in the first place? It seems to me that if I sold bikes for a living, I'd be awfully worried about the liability, and the business, at stake - especially if I lied about it. Probably why I work with computers - they're easy to fix [8D]...

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I would ask to see the paperwork. You gotta know that dealers are going to use the first kits to fix their inventory...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
New sales ALWAYS come first. Every salesperson hears the mantra from their managers, "tell me about what you have sold TODAY"!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got matching explanations about tranny kits from both the rep I talked with at Yamaha Corporate Customer Service and from the local dealership parts manager. Both stated that tranny kits are sent with specific VIN# reference so they can track which bikes are completed. Otherwise its a huge database nightmare for Yamaha. I suppose nothing stops a dealer from using a customer's VIN# tagged kit on one of their showroom bikes, but it's probably more likely that the first kits received were for their floor inventory bikes. Guy's like us are already "spilled milk". They need to repair the inventory bikes to keep sales revenue coming in and to eliminate creating a new list of pissed off customers. We are already pissed, so we fall to second priority when compared to new prospective customers. Just the cold cruel facts of business. Yamaha exists to make a profit. Priority 1 is the next quartely shareholders report, not appeasing the folks that already gave up their money on sales of previous bikes. Ever heard this one? "It's not personal, it's just business."

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Maybe what this bike had done was a TANK recall and not the tranny. Only one person has reported getting the recall done. He's in the UK and it just happened today. So I would be highly suspicious of this dealer's claims.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
That's my guess too sang, especially since they're '02 models. Sounds like the guy doesn't even know about the transmission recall yet--I doubt very seriously that a non-yamaha dealer would be able to get recall kits any sooner than the rest of us.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well he told me what dealer that did the work, so I am going to call the service manager tommarrow at the yami dealer too see if indeed they did the work. When I talked(the salesman w/02) too him it just seem something wasn't right, since I have read every post since the recall has been in effect and 1 person has had it completed. This guy had 3 of his 02's done already in the upper midwest???????????

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well he told me what dealer that did the work, so I am going to call the service manager tommarrow at the yami dealer too see if indeed they did the work. When I talked(the salesman w/02) too him it just seem something wasn't right, since I have read every post since the recall has been in effect and 1 person has had it completed. This guy had 3 of his 02's done already in the upper midwest???????????

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I stopped by the local dealership yesterday and noticed both their 03 warriors were not on the showroom floor,when I asked about recall kits they said they just got a few in,as I was leaving I stopped by the service area and there they were with their trannies spread out on the work tables.This shop has more than 30 warriors on their waiting list,but of course they are going to take care of their bikes first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts