RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious if the new bikes have recalls that need to be done.
I'm reading about what seems like 3 recalls there are out there.
Would those apply to a new warrior?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Dealership should perform any active recalls before delivery of any new 07 or even any leftover 06 models. Wouldn't hurt to ask if you already own one. The cps recall is somewhat new.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have an '07 and just had the CPS recall performed a few weeks ago. You should receive a notice from Yamaha. This is the only recall that I am aware of that effects the 07's...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
War-e-r is correct but you don't have to wait for a letter. Just give your vin number to your stealer and they will pull up your bike and see there is a recall for it.
Oh yea, get some pics of that new ride up in your profile!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I too have a '07 that needed the CPS recall. The mechanic did say something about the TPS but it may depend on the build date of the Warrior.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I just picked up a 07 a month ago. I live in Michigan, so my riding season hasn't really started just yet. By this I mean the weather is touch and go so my "break in period" isn't over. Once it is, I plan on taking it in and having things looked over, doing the necessary maintenance, asking about any recalls and throwing on new exhaust with a PCIII if I can decide on which set to go with.

I know the veterans right now are cringing that a Warrior owner won't change his own oil and tighten a couple of bolts after 600 miles...believe me I would, but I fanagled the sales guy to throw the first service in for me if he wanted to sell a bike.

I would of bought her anyway!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][8D][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][8D]

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I haven't purchased yet...will be doing so in a couple of weeks if all goes as planned. Just curious if the dealership would perform these recalls (if required) before the purchase, or if I'd have to bring it back. Maybe I'll throw that in as a requirement that all recalls are done on the bike before I purchase. Honestly, I just don't trust alot of dealerships to take care of the bike or do it properly. I'd hate to buy a bike, bring it back 2 weeks later and have it all dinged up from some moron who couldn't give 2 sh!ts about my bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts