RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys and gals I hope you have your coffee or good stiff drink in hand this may be long. Well as you all know this recall sucks, 23 March I took my baby in to King Cycle in Brooklyn, NY they write up the ticket show me the recall kit I give them my hc pistons purchesed from OE, I chat with the service manager a bit talked about putting in hc pistons no problem everything is great they have no problem handling the job I had been dealing with this guy for the past month trying to set up everything for the recall so I can get my baby in and out so I can continue with my move to TX. Well 26 March rolls around my birthday no less, I call them up well sir we haven't gotten to your bike yet our tech is finishing up another bike and he will start on yours tomorrow, ok you told me my bike would be finished by the 26th well I said no problem I've got a little time. 27 March I call that evening our tech had a family emergency ok understandable, 29 March tech hasn't shown up for work but first thing tuesday will do your bike promise to have your bike done before the 1 April. Ok I can deal with that, I'm stuck on a ship in the middle of the Hudson river I'm not going any where just yet. 30 March I call that evening oh yeah the tech has started your bike but we're trying to find some gaskets for your hc pistons. Gaskets? what gaskets and for what? they tell 3 gaskets didn't come with the recall kit I say put the manager on the phone, this guy then tells me that he consulted the shop manual and it calls for 6hrs labor to install hc pistons, I loose it with this guy I'm sure you all know how that went. in the end tell him the only thing I'm willing to give is an hour and a half labor and thats the tip for your tech ok sir we're putting in those pistons tomorrow is what I got from him. 31 March I call that afternoon I talk to one of the service writers who tells me Sir we're still trying to get some gaskets for those hc pistons I start laughing and tell him I would like to speak to the manager, he gets on and tells me there are 3 gaskets that the recall kit didn't come with and how he wanted to do a good job for me and that he had the 3 gaskets in front of him. Man I'm boiling mad so I say ok get off the phone with him. Well towards their closing time after I calm down I call him back and I explain to him how I feel your f**n over me, sounds to me like you did the recall and not the pistons in order to charge me labor. No sir I just want to do a good job for you ok, well nothing I can do today didn't get home until late. Well 1 April is here! I go in to work call the manager first thing when am I going to be able to pick up my bike I ask he tells me in a couple of weeks tops. WHAT! I tell the guy I will be down there to pick up my bike today have it ready and my pistons in hand, well sir what can we do to make this better to fix the problem I ask are you going to have my bike fixed and ready to go tomorrow? if not I will be there today well sir I'll put my tech on it right now. Whatever. I get down there the service writer tells me that someone stole the recall kit and my pistons and that they where searching for them for about 4 hrs. as I pulled up I saw my baby sitting outside nasty and dirty from the weather, when the manager came up to me all I could say was clean my bike get my key and walked out the door. he told me he ordered me new pistons from OE, I got on the phone called up OE. Rob I love you guys tell Sharon thanx and I'll learn what all those grunts stand for so I won't have another problem like this. Needless to say there was no order made and I told him to call OE now and I will be there tomorrow and he better have pistons or cash in hand.. I'm pissed and this is no April fools joke if you think thats what it is... I guees I was to long....Thanx guys for letting me vent..

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
****, that sucks! I would be going ape sh%t on them. There is nothing like lying to a customer. Thats when things go wrong. They should have been upfront with you from the start. Good luck.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Minus4, I KNOW I'm gonna get hosed for this, but . . . do you have an attorney? If you do, go see him, have him make a call to the OWNER of the shop. Have him tell the owner that (1) you want a written letter giving a warranty on their labor for "x" amount of time, (2) you want a guarantee of getting those pistons and other missing parts in, OR (3) that you want to take your bike to ANOTHER shop and have it IN WRITING that the current shop pays the entire tab for getting your bike RIGHT.

If they don't agree, have your attorney go down and file suit against them. He can figure out plenty of reasons . . . believe me.

Okay, everybody else, go ahead and tell me how bad attorneys are and what a sleaze I am!

Man, I really hate this for you minus4. This is exactly what I was afraid of regarding the Recall Rebuild.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by Spear Warrior

Minus4, I KNOW I'm gonna get hosed for this, but . . . do you have an attorney? If you do, go see him, have him make a call to the OWNER of the shop. Have him tell the owner that (1) you want a written letter giving a warranty on their labor for "x" amount of time, (2) you want a guarantee of getting those pistons and other missing parts in, OR (3) that you want to take your bike to ANOTHER shop and have it IN WRITING that the current shop pays the entire tab for getting your bike RIGHT.

If they don't agree, have your attorney go down and file suit against them. He can figure out plenty of reasons . . . believe me.

Okay, everybody else, go ahead and tell me how bad attorneys are and what a sleaze I am!

Man, I really hate this for you minus4. This is exactly what I was afraid of regarding the Recall Rebuild.

Thanx that sounds good I plan to find out who the owner is and possibly go that route. right now I'm so mad I can't think straight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds like you have handled the situation better than I would have. Sounds like there are a few sucky dealers around. Sorry you are having so much trouble. Hope you get it all straightened out soon.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Sounds like a phone call to the BBB, AT LEAST. The attorney part may be a good idea. But, considering the circumstances, would a threat (and followup) with a small claims court visit suffice?

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I would probably not normally agree with Spear - but when you're right you're right. This is now a legal issue. If they get away with hosing you - they will others (if not already). You've been lied to repeatedly to cover up theft. You need to NAIL them. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by RatPhlem

Oh yeah - where in the great state of Texas are you moving too?

I'm moving to Corpus Cristi

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I like to vacation near there on South Padre Island. Learning some spanish would be helpful down here and particularly in Corpus. I plan on taking classes one of these days...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Holy Shiite man.... that's about the scariest friggin dealership story I've heard..... sounds like a grade two horse and pony show.... Sorry to hear about your trouble.... you'll be far happier down in Tx. I'm a big fan of Corpus (going there next Thurs. for a week).... good luck with your bike man.....

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'll bet you wished that it was an April Fool's joke... that is horrible. I feel for you... you have been wronged and have every right to be royally pissed and if I were you, every time that I was thinking about how much they screwed up I would call that service mgr and yell at him just to vent!

·
Registered
208 Posts
If someone stole your kit, did they ever actually do any work on your bike? If so, what did they do without a kit? Sounds to me that they just jerked around, lost your parts, and then you wisely got the bike out of there. Go get your money or pistons and let him know what you think as you walk out his door for the last time.

Sorry to hear about this, good luck.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Take a tire iron to the side of that guys head and knock some sense into him. When will businesses learn that you can't screw your customers...unless of course you operate a whorehouse.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by roussey

If someone stole your kit, did they ever actually do any work on your bike? If so, what did they do without a kit? Sounds to me that they just jerked around, lost your parts, and then you wisely got the bike out of there. Go get your money or pistons and let him know what you think as you walk out his door for the last time.

Sorry to hear about this, good luck.

No work was done at this point the only thing I'm concerned about is getting my pistons or the money for them.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I think it needs to be reported to the police. That's a theft of over $1000 worth of parts. Maybe if you go down there to tell them that you want to file a police report, they'll change the story again. My.02.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts